Heroverse
Heroverse
Heroverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Universe where heroes of all kinds roam

GalleryHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Leadership
Founder

Top posters
TheDusk
The Dusk, The Protector I_vote_lcapThe Dusk, The Protector I_voting_barThe Dusk, The Protector I_vote_rcap 
Zenaki
The Dusk, The Protector I_vote_lcapThe Dusk, The Protector I_voting_barThe Dusk, The Protector I_vote_rcap 
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
kickedballoon
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
TheDusk
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
kickedballoon

The Dusk, The Protector

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDusk

TheDusk

Male Posts : 189

The Dusk, The Protector Empty
PostSubject: The Dusk, The Protector   The Dusk, The Protector EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:51 am

-Identities

Name: The Dusk
Secret identity: Terry Graves
Race:Human.
Day Job: Pizza man, forensic student.
Character alignment: Neutral Good

-Likes and Dislikes-
THIS IS OPTIONAL
Love: His deceased fiancé, fighting criminals, his best friend Lance Dugan.
Dislikes: Cheaters, Relationships, his job.
Hate: Criminals, abusive husbands, anyone who brings danger to women.
Fear: Failure, (mainly of failing to protect his loved ones).
Passion: Criminology, crime shows, fighting.

-Appearance-

The Dusk, The Protector DuskEdit-1
Height: 5,8
Weight: 172

-Who I Am-

Personality:He is social, but very reclusive to do so since the death of his fiancé. He acts joyfully happy, but it is a facade for those who he cares about. He can be a bit of a romantic, but refuses to enter relationships as he still feels bound to his fiance.
Background: Terry Graves was a young high school student, growing up with the higher class of thieves. His father, Brogan Graves, was a master thief, stealing the highest jewelry while training his only son to follow in his footsteps. Terry saw no harm; he profited greatly from the sales of the expensive necklaces, rings, etc. That is, until one night.
Terry had been involved greatly with his girlfriend, Amy Brock and asked her to marry him soon after graduation. She agreed, but would not have the ceremony until Terry quit his midnight prowls with his father. Terry refused, insisting that he could spend the money on the ceremony. Amy was torn up by his decision and wept. Terry ventured out into the night to steal priceless jewels from a mansion. On the way out, Amy suddenly showed up, blocking their escape. Terry tried to reason with her, but Brogan became quickly frustrated and shot her for interfering. Terry was caught, but was given amnesty for his crimes if he lead to his father's capture. That night, Terry was visited from the supernatural plane by the remnants of what was King Dusk, Ruler of the Land of the Damned. He, sickly and dying, bound himself to Terry to survive. The Dusk was born.

[center]-The Parnormal Abilities -

SuperPowers:Ectoplasm (he can fire it from the backs of his hands, as sort of a sticky substance), transparancy (he can pass through solid objects),gliding, (he can extend a cape attached to his arms and fly), incredible leaping ability (can leap several stories high), invisibility (can be come undetectable to the human eye), enhanced senses (can see and hear things twice as much),super strength (can lift heavy objects, but not cars or heavier), retractability (he can retract his suit since it is bound to him, but he doesn't have any of his powers if its not out), safety (his suit takes care of his bodily functions like breathing while in the suit).He also has limited weather control such as fog and limited lightning./center]

-Weapons andEquipment's-

Weapon(s): Ectoplasm

Equipment(s): His Suit

-Roleplay Sample-

Roleplay Sample: "YOU BASTARD!" I scream, tossing him through the window. My father yelps as his face begins to bleed from glass shards. "What the hell do you want?! What'd I do?!" He groans. I take him firmly between my claws. I squeeze the back of his neck and lift him from the shattered window and use his head as a jackhammer as I slam him into the brick wall. He slumped down to the floor, gasping for his bearings. My legs stepped over him and I kneeled face to face with my  torment, my hate, my father. "You took away my life...my love," I growl, my hand clamping his bloodied face and tossing him across the cement floor. Harold Graves yells out as he hears his left arm break under the force. "You took away your son's fiancé! YOU TOOK AWAY HIS LOVE!" I scream, thankfully for the suit hiding my tears. I stride over and take him by the throat and thrust him against a support beam. My foot comes up in a thrusting kick, digging into his gut. He gargles on blood as he is sent flying through the steel beam. Pieces of metal cascade onto the floor as my vengeful steps guide me to my prey. My white eyes gaze down onto his beaten body. Pathetic, wheezing for a break from the torture. I let out all of my hate in one sigh. I turn my back on him, and walk with what's left of my pride towards the broken window. I extend my cape, and ready my legs to leap out into the night. My ears catch the sirens; they will be here in five minutes.
"H-hey! W-where are ya goin? Aren't ya gonna finish me?" The bold thief shouts at me. My horned head turns to him, caught off guard with the total disregard for my mercy. My mind ponders for a response while my heart battles the image of Amy's death. Her face flashes over and over, she wouldn't stop crying. Her scattered freckles stained with the waters of sorrow. She only looked at me, not her wound that was slowly taking her away from me. Her beautiful red hair matched the red flowing out of her chest. She gripped my hand tight, only muttering one thing. "Don't forget-" before fading from our world. I see her face everywhere I walk, everywhere I turn, she is my life. And she's gone. I should spread his guts across the walls for ending her. This floor should be painted red with the blood of this scum. He should be rotting in hell.
I stamp over to him; he makes no effort to back away. My clawed foot somps on his already injured chest, letting out some distinct cracks. He gargles, feeling a pain he's never felt before. The pain of loss. Yet, I could break every bone in his body and the pain would not be a minuscule amount of the pain I feel with her gone. I kneel down, taking his throat in my hand; my knuckles squeeze down.
Then I feel warm feeling in the back of my head.
"Let him go,"
"Why...He took you away from me!" I answer in my mind.
"This isn't you. This isn't us. I'm still here. I'm still with you. As long as you love me, I will always be in your heart. And no gun can take that away. No afterlife will hold me from you. I will always be here, protecting you, guiding you. When I promised to marry you, I promised to spend my life with you, and I very well intend to Terry,"

My grip loosens, and he falls to the floor, writhing in pain. The sirens are outside now. I quickly snap up and run for the window. My body leaps up into the shattered window.

"W-W-Why didn't you kill me..." He gasps for air through the blood loss. My head turns slowly for my white eyes to meet his blue ones.

"Because... Sometimes despite all the pain. We need to do the right thing. Despite wronging your son, you deserve to live again. Despite murdering his fiancé, you still deserve a chance at being human. Sometimes, you care too much . But maybe that's what we need in life. Someone there to overprotect us, someone to guard us when theres no danger. We need to be heroes, because heroes protect our loved ones. Love is why we fight. Love is why we do what we do. And I won't forget, just like she said. I won't forget . I won't forget... To love. I won't forget even when its so hard to.
I didn't kill you because I love you. I love everyone, even if its just a little bit. I care for every being on this planet. Just like Amy Brock did in all her glory. She was trying to tell me , "Don't forget to love." And I won't forget, not as long as I draw breath. I won't forget. I will continue to love and care. I will protect people just like I protected her. From dawn to DUSK, I will keep the hero the people need."

Without another word, I am gliding across the night sky.

Last edited by TheDusk on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zenaki
ಠ_ಠ Watcher
Zenaki

Male Posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: The Dusk, The Protector   The Dusk, The Protector EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:51 am

First site character approved. Congrats Bran!
Back to top Go down
https://heroverse.rpg-board.net
Zenaki
ಠ_ಠ Watcher
Zenaki

PostSubject: Re: The Dusk, The Protector   The Dusk, The Protector EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:39 am

Dusk 6-4 His power is low but he is becoming quite the wise investigator

King Dusk 3-4 Being a god of death he has a lot of damn power while retaining the experience gained through Terry.

He is one of the few who receive double tiers due to him having two sides for battle.
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: The Dusk, The Protector   The Dusk, The Protector EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:41 am

New Powers Attained at Base Form:

-Ability to create an eerie mist/fog that can cover up to a city block.

-When under emotional tension, The Dusk emits immense cold, chilling the area around him to the point of permafrost in at least a ten foot square.

-Can silence an area up to twenty feet around him.

-Can cut out all artificial light up to sixty hundred feet around him.

-Can Glide without need of touchdown (flight after initial leap)

New Form- SuperDusk:
[Under periods of extreme emotional pressure, Dusk is filled with the angst of the lost souls of the Paranormal Realm and uses their power to fight]

-Enhanced Strength (Can lift up to a semi)

-Enhanced Reflexes/Speed

-Can hover using the souls powering his body.

-Can fly up to one hundred and twenty miles per hour using the souls powering his body

-Enhanced Durability (can endure large blows)

-Dormant Nerves (Cannot feel pain during this mode)

-Expiration (Only lasts at the most twenty minutes)

-Electricity Control (Can take electricity from sources and toss them as bolts at his opponents)

-Soul Blast (Can hurl angry souls at his opponent who will physically push them back, even rake and cut them).
Back to top Go down
Langdon Xristo

Langdon Xristo

Male Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: The Dusk, The Protector   The Dusk, The Protector EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:22 pm

-Archived-
Back to top Go down
http://heroesamongus.forumotions.net/
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: The Dusk, The Protector   The Dusk, The Protector EmptySun May 11, 2014 9:17 pm

Claimed
Back to top Go down
Zenaki
ಠ_ಠ Watcher
Zenaki

PostSubject: Re: The Dusk, The Protector   The Dusk, The Protector EmptyFri May 16, 2014 1:49 am

Dusk
Power: Adept
Weapon Skill: Novice
Logic: Expert
Durability: Adept
Speed: Adept
Combat Skill: Advanced
Tech Skill: Advanced

King Dusk

Power: Advanced
Weapon Skill: Adept
Logic: Expert
Durability: Advanced
Speed: Expert
Combat Skill: Advanced
Tech Skill: Advanced
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: The Dusk, The Protector   The Dusk, The Protector EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 5:21 am

Update:

-Terry was once sidekick to his father, Brogan Graves; who was a master jewel thief. Brogan was a prodigy from a very young age and was extremely talented in many forms of larceny. Having his son along with him from a very young age (Terry remembers being at least 9), Graves has inherited and learned much of his father's craft. Although he scarcely needs it (or talks about it), he is a very talented and trained criminal.

-Terrance attends a Brown Mackie college in the Detroit area. He is a Criminal Justice major finishing his sophomore year. Over the course of time he's spent studying Forensics and Crime Scene Investigation, he has become quite observant and knows quite a bit about how to pick out evidence and find answers.

- Dusk's suit is empowered with the King Dusk entity that rules over Purgatory, which is the third plane of existence between Heaven and Hell. This gives it the ability to go toe to toe with creatures of other planes.

- Dusk's suit is a living, breathing being without much necessity. Dusk's suit is extremely durable, allowing him to breathe in any environment. He doesn't have to eat, drink, or sleep for long periods of time. He is even has some form of shielding against outside threats like radioactivity, electricity, fire, etc.
-As Dusk, Terry can walk seamlessly across the thin fabric between the Land of the Damned and the Land of the Living. There is no portal needed. At will, he can step between the different worlds. While handy for avoiding detection and danger in the Living Realm, there is just much life and danger in the Damned Lands.

-Terry has suffered more than most human beings on this planet. Having much turmoil within his family, his father an angry drunk and his mother leaving early in his life, he was always struggling and living on his own. Even when he obtained a loved one he wanted to be around, in his fiance Amy, she was shot and killed by his father in a heist gone wrong. Graves is a man who has lost everything, but refuses to die. He has an iron, unbreakable will.

-Terry has an overwhelming, almost supernatural empathy towards others. He is able to catch inklings of a person's past just by their aura, movements, mannerisms, etc. He is very intuitive of tragedy and the past, and is able to to very easily relate and see the signs of someone who is suffering. He can even sometimes narrow down (very briefly) the cause of said suffering. 

Amy Elizabeth Brock

- Terry proposed to the girl he had met at age seventeen. It was young, but the couple had already been dating for a few years and did not see any fault in their idea. However, not too long after the two had decided that they wanted a life together, Terry went out on a nightly raid of Mrs. Vanderbrook's manor in the upper part of town. The robbery would consist of the diamond ring that her deceased husband, William, had entrusted to her within the will. The ring was beyond the scope of fortune, gorgeous and to die for. Just like the hefty check Brogan and his son were getting for snatching it. However, Amy had found out about Terry's nightly escapes with his father, and ordered them to stop. After much contemplation, Terrance decided he would quit just after this job, so they he would be able to take that money and afford the wedding they were planning. Out of no where, Amy showed up at Vanderbrook's home (Terry had told her about it the night before), no longer feeling good about using dirty money for their wedding and tried to stop the duo on the way out of the manor. The alarms were triggered within the house and Brogan Graves panicked and ran. Amy tried to get in the way and grabbed after Terry's father. The gun went off and shot straight through Amy's heart. She died moments later in the arms of her husband to be.

Since that night, Amy's spirit never truly passed on to Heaven. Amy elected to stay behind, residing in the Land of the Damned where Terry's mysterious suit came from. However, Brock's soul was vibrant and powerful. The love she shared with Terrance was a bond so incredible tight that in actually tore through the thin line between the worlds, allowing her spirit to frequently visit Terry in various weak ways. Whether it be through his dreams or visions, Amy is greatly able to influence Terry emotionally and spiritually. She can appear to him, as if actually alive, but cannot drastically affect the world in a physical manner. 

She serves as a protector for Terry, shielding him from himself and other spirits that target him from the Land of the Damned. She holds onto his heart and soul and keeps them safe when he feels close to the end or when invaders enter his mind or soul. Her bond to him is inseparable and proves to be everlasting, even through the fields of life and death.

Amy also has a separate world within the Land of the Damned called, "Sanctuary", a beautiful place overrun by nature. A long grassy meadow with lavender dancing through it. Brooks and streams ripple the countryside at the backdrop of mountains in the distance. A few trees and patches of woods dash here and there within a constant drift of wind. Amy shields herself from the darkness of the Spirit World here, her inalienable "bunker" so to speak while she awaits the passing of Terry; so they may both pass to Heaven together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dusk, The Protector   The Dusk, The Protector Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dusk, The Protector
Page 1 of 1