Heroverse
Heroverse
Heroverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Universe where heroes of all kinds roam

GalleryHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Leadership
Founder

Top posters
TheDusk
Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) I_vote_lcapWhy No Feels? (Discussion Thread) I_voting_barWhy No Feels? (Discussion Thread) I_vote_rcap 
Zenaki
Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) I_vote_lcapWhy No Feels? (Discussion Thread) I_voting_barWhy No Feels? (Discussion Thread) I_vote_rcap 
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
kickedballoon
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
TheDusk
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
kickedballoon

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheDusk

TheDusk

Male Posts : 189

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Empty
PostSubject: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 3:50 am

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Tumblr_inline_mhlw39Ijcb1qz4rgp

I've been trying to wrap my head around why no one like having feels in their posts. Why Romance is rarely a part of roleplay? I find it quite enjoyable and fun to play out. It really gets me more attached to the story and the characters involved when my character has feelings for them. It isn't just a post with some random person, its say: Peter and Gwen. Like if the Lizard threatens Gwen, Peter is going to flip his lid. There is so much muse in my fingers just thinking about it.

"GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BEAST!!!

Yeah... That'd be some epic stuff! Not even just Romance wise, but if  character loves another as a friend or even family. There is that drive and inspiration to take the world by storm for them. They are what is most to your character and it drives you. Its like an instant muse for me just thinking about it. 

So why don't people do it more...? Is it not manly or something? I really must know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Tumblr_m6111aCLnG1rv8jpzo1_500

Indeed, I really wish people would consider their character's thoughts and emotions before leaping into things. I mean, there needs to be reasoning for a character to appear real and give other roleplayers an idea of who they are, what they'd be like to interact with. For example with Connors I decided to build him up personality-wise first; I wanted to be attached with his character so it would be more jarring when the Lizard comes into play. I wanted to make sure I understood his origin story more than just "scientist messes up and turns into reptile dude" and I'll be upset for the Lizard's actions just as much as Connors would be in that scenario.
It may not sound like a manly thing to do but romance is actually a good way to give your character something to fight for. Gwen would fight for Peter and Peter would fight for Gwen. It's an easy way to give the character a boost of motivation and a goal really. Whether the relationship is romantic or with family, these really impact a character's creation and the decisions they make. 
So I think it's really the idea of the fact that romance is normally viewed as girlish that makes it hard for others to consider drawing upon it. 
Really, feels are the best thing to have. Feels make the world go round haha. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:17 pm

I find that what you're saying is different though. I mean, your characters still have a motivation. It doesn't have to be roleplayed out to convey the same idea of the fact that your character has a reason to fight or make a specific decision, thus giving them a sense of depth.
What I think is wrong is when the character has no motivation and just leaps into the combat because their player thinks it'll be fun. Sure it's different if your character's attitude is generally "screw it" so the reason they'd run into the fight is because they just don't care.  A basic hero can say they did something "to save the good of civilization" and then plunge into the thick of a battle. But a character who enters the fight because "they felt like it?" is kind of two-dimensional and flat. 
I mean, even Superman saves people for a reason. And the Joker causes chaos because that is what he is - chaotic - not to mention absolutely mental. 
And when the villain ends up making the hero angry because they threaten their goal or their survival to achieve said goal? Gives quite the motivation for the hero.
So the fact that your characters have something to be upset over, have something to be looking for establishes something about them and what they'll do in a given situation. They're more likeable in that way. There's something there behind their actions instead of "lol do this".
And that's why you guys have awesome characters that are distinct from one another and end up making me want to read more about them, no matter what stage of development they are in.

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Nph-thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:29 am

"Uhhhhh.... Who the hell said doin' shit jus' cause I want to is bad thing?"

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) RaidenMGRR

"... Fuckin' A. I'm just complicated 'kay? You all can screw off!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:42 pm

From Last Post:

"it's different if your character's attitude is generally "screw it" so the reason they'd run into the fight is because they just don't care"

My Reaction: 

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Tumblr_lsl8npYGDH1qfzhey  

"Eh...He pulls it off well." XD
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) K-bigpic

"Yeah that's what I thought Lab Coat...."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:17 pm

*Finally found a bunch of reaction gifs for Rhys! Also, funny how this changed from a discussion to non-canon dialogue drabble...*

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Tumblr_m6xxrjCoqY1r7kn75o6_400

"I happen to be more than just a 'lab coat', I can assure you of that. Maybe you haven't heard, but there's a new species in New York, and it can be highly aggressive if threatened..." 
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 1:46 am

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Tumblr_mipkghz8CS1qcqepho1_500

"Yeah yeah yeah, I know. You're the big barry badass of the Spider-Man Universe right now. Hell, ya' got your own movie to pull quotes from n' everything. Where the hell is my movie? I'm interesting aren't I?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:21 pm

"First of all the torch has been passed on to Electro. Which I don't mind. It's not like I asked to be given the Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde role of the movie; They needed a villain. So hey-"

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Tumblr_ls9rf0UAgp1qg8483o1_r1_500

"All I could predict is that if you had one, your movie would contain for the majority of it one-liners and a ton of gratuitous gore. Strangely enough, I have a feeling that'd suit you just fine." 
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 12:11 am

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Tumblr_mjlarb9LzE1s84b1eo3_500

"Huh? Isn't that what audiences love? I mean, I've seen 'nough bad horror flicks to drown in all the bad dialogue, but since its gorey and disgusting, people eat it up!"

"Wait... What the hell is wrong with one liners?!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 12:25 am

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Tumblr_matdshn8mg1ru0g6fo1_r3_250

"Nothing's wrong with one-liners, not really. Just a little shallow, uncaring. You to a tee. And I was just predicting."
---
"I don't mean to be coming off as cynical; There's some side effects when you inject yourself with a vial of Lizard DNA and they aren't exactly positive."
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 12:59 am

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Tumblr_mkyqdvQ2AK1qfdwzxo1_r1_500

"Shallow and uncaring? Maybe to you Lab Coat. I got friends ya know. One's I actually give a shit for."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:25 am

"What friends? I mean-sorry-this is..."

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Tumblr_matdshn8mg1ru0g6fo24_r2_250

"Look, I don't want to pick fights. Just please, don't call me by the lab coat heh. There are many people that I care about. I have a wife, a child. My partner went missing and all I have left is his data, which gave me this monster. My family, I haven't seen them since. Everything I worked for has only managed to do this to me. And now his son...I'm just trying to protect him. And fix this. I'm ashamed of it. I know it's wrong. Do you understand that?"
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:03 am

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Tumblr_mhiufaT2nn1rdln0lo1_250

"Yeah yeah yeah... Don't hulk out on me Dr. Jekyll, just pokin' fun. Don't get your granny panties in a twist over that, I do it to every one. Matter of fact, if I dont piss on you with sum' ridiculous half assed name, I probably legit don't like you.

Look pal, I think you just need to let go...

Ya know? What's the point of it all? Bitchin' and moanin' isn't going to fix a damned thing. You think I'm proud that I have to be covered head to toe in this robotic BS? Dude, I look like Freddy Kruger under all this crap, its really disgusting. NO ONE is very fond of that.

But did you see me whinin' bout it until I had to relate to you somehow? Nah.

What's the point? Some things that are broken, can't be fixed. Leave 'em be and make the best of whatchya got." 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)   Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

Why No Feels? (Discussion Thread)
Page 1 of 1