Heroverse
Heroverse
Heroverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Universe where heroes of all kinds roam

GalleryHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Leadership
Founder

Top posters
TheDusk
Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] I_vote_lcapCries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] I_voting_barCries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] I_vote_rcap 
Zenaki
Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] I_vote_lcapCries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] I_voting_barCries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] I_vote_rcap 
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
kickedballoon
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
TheDusk
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
kickedballoon

Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zenaki
ಠ_ಠ Watcher
Zenaki

Male Posts : 128

Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] Empty
PostSubject: Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open]   Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] EmptyThu May 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Emerald energy seemed to fall from around his eyes in a brilliant mist before fading into nothingness, his green eye visor vanishing. A light thud noise was heard as he landed on the roof top of a derelict warehouse watching members of Gotham's Triad load crates too and from a freight ship. Cranes lifting metal containers with muffled screams from within onto the vessel.  A small smirk played on his face while he watched other containers unloaded, containers that, when opened, let off a toxic green light like nuclear waste. Jackpot He thought while surveying the little illegal action below him, Hell I might be able to do this no ring tonight, His eyes lit up at that. A lock of brown hair played in front of his face and a sharp chill on the back of his neck reminded him why he was here, his mind playing back the dreams he had been having, all of them fitting together like a puzzle and leading him to believe they were a message from someone... But every time he tried to think of who it was his ears rang and his head pounded, maybe he wasn't meant to know just yet, if ever at all.

Chains rattled on the outside wall of the building that he was perched on, without a breath he leaned forward and fell through the air face first before his arm snaked around a chain and propelled him through the darkness at an angle, at the height of his swing he came up above the container with the screams inside, stolen females for the sex slave trade. He let go of the rusted metal and landed on the container, knocking three times on it subconsciously as if to tel the girls they would be free. His dark clothing helped him make it thus far without being noticed and he was hoping it would get him a little farther. The magnetic hook that grabbed the containers was hooked up well enough to support him as he climbed up the cranes cord to the top of the beast, the operator seemingly unaware of the growth of the crane's cord that climbed upward to the top of the metal tower. Once at the top he sat for a second and exhaled, "Now we have fun...." He whispered before leaping downward over running down the tower, going yards with each jump. After the fourth leap he was ten feet above the operator's box. Landing on it he noticed the container shook, the crane's pilot jerking in nervousness from hearing something crash on his roof. He wasted no time putting his hand through the windshield ad pulling the man through. He screamed like an old dying woman before Carter headbutted him and cuffed him to the metallic poles. Once finished he slid downward into the pilot's seat and began toying with the controls.

"Hang on ladies this will get bumpy." he joked to himself before lowering the container back onto land rather than onto the boat, drawing fifteen guards attention. Once lowered enough he swung it ever so gently knocking the men off their asses and no doubt roughing up the girls but they would live. Detaching the magnetic hook the container landed a little more loudly than he had hoped drawing the rest of the dock workers. triad agents to it. Gonna be rough now saving you pretty dames He thought, his mouth splitting open with a toothy smile before sliding the Green lantern ring on his left middle finger. His dark clothing vanishing under his black and green suit, a visor once again donning his face, jumping through the shattered glass he let himself fall forward like an arrow rushing toward a target while an encasing of energy surrounded him as he slammed the ground around the men, burying himself in rubble. Men began to pick themselves up off their asses screaming in Mandarin and Russian trying to figure out what just hit them, Here's a hint.. Carter thought form under ground as tendrils of green energy flowered forth from the ground and flinging men like wild, Carter raising up out of the rubble glowing like a toxic angel, the tendrils all connected to his body, He smiled and watch the scene unfurl before him, men running, men being thrown into the river, men laying knocked out. "Well fuck, I thought I wouldn't need the ring tonight." He jested before landing and turning to face the container, his left fist pointing at it and a huge green crow bar ripping the doors off the hinges.

The screams of women went out before he could tell them they were safe and where to head to contact the police. Once finished he turned to the green ooze in the barrels of the other open container. His head shook when he read the side, liquid from the
Lazarus Pit, the famed "Fountain of Youth". "This is out of my pay grade.... even as a Lantern..." He spit before pointing his ring upward and sending out a beacon in the shape of a giant green eye. The Symbol for his old team.... hoping his old partner would see it....
Back to top Go down
https://heroverse.rpg-board.net
TheDusk

TheDusk

Male Posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open]   Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:31 pm

A moonlit silhouette basks in the glory of the night. His wicked cape buffets against the blistering wind coming off the bay. Two white daggers unsheathed in the cold gust of the dark clouds. A lone claw rose and became barbed at the finger tips. His shroud bellowed across the night as he leapt into the grimy world below him.

The beast hit a puddle, parting the water like Moses never could. The splash cut across the blacktop as the creature’s long, winding cape sprawled across the pavement. The horned head of the shadow gazed at the vibrant green counterpart.

“I wouldn’t be so keen on throwing your signal around… you know who runs this territory and I would wish not to anger him…,” It spoke in a wispy voice. In a slow wave, the Dusk rose like the birth of a tree. His cape enshrouded him, concealing him from the outside world as he carefully strode over to the dark green, luminescent containers.

“You’re lucky I was somehow in town… Is this what we’ve been searching for?” The Dusk cocks his head back before crouching before the oversized tubes. The creature extended his barbed finger tips to touch the canisters. His fingers grazed down the elongated edges. The shadow became entirely black as he closed his white glowing eyes hard.

There were several minutes of silence as the Dusk seemed to fade from this world. Carter was observing the world around them. He could feel the sudden chill in the air. Seemingly from nowhere, the Dusk’s breathing had suddenly become visible. An icy fog began exhaling from his lungs. The Dusk had vanished from this world almost entirely, becoming slightly transparent as he aimed to connect himself with the Land of the Damned and its energy. His claw extended around the tube and gripped it tight as he focused his energy.

After several moments, the tube began to slowly share the same translucent qualities the Dusk was exhibiting. It was appearing to vanish right before the Carter’s very eyes. The fog coming out of the Dusk’s mouth was bellowing and growing in size. Small crystalline flakes had begun to hang in the air like dust. The wet blacktop below the shadow had become a sheen sheet of ice. The Dusk slowly opened his eyes as the canister vanished from the plane of existence.

The Dusk stood up with a jolt.

“Yes, that’s it… Definitely it. I was able to send it entirely to the Forgotten Realm. This is it… The resurrecting waters. There's something... inside me... pulling to destroy this. I suspect its King Dusk. The way he was able to seamlessly undo the Meltdown incident makes me believe that he has me somehow... tuned into items and beings violating the forces of life and death.”
Back to top Go down
Zenaki
ಠ_ಠ Watcher
Zenaki

PostSubject: Re: Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open]   Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:40 am

He rolled his eyes when the darkness rose up seemingly form the ground beside him and spoke of the city's standard protector, the man who many believed to be the night incarnate.

"He isn't here, must be his off night. Whole shipping yard of human cattle being sold into the sex market and no Bat. I could care less." He said with a slight degree of contempt.

Turning to look at his partner the man was already fading out of this reality and into the spectral along with the fluid in the barrels. A small itch formed behind his left ear, his thumb flicking up to rub it out while he waited.

With in moments Dusk was back, he had returned from the other realm and spoke cryptically about how the liquid was unright, not part of the natural order. Once more his emerald eyes rolled. "I liked it better when Terry was piloting that suit and you only appeared in crisis moments." He spat, thinking of of D.C. incident, how much had changed since then. Before it was him and Terry fighting crime, him and Terry floundering like rookies against the forces against them, him and Terry giving their lives to save the nation's capital and the majority of the eastern seaboard.

Now though, now much had changed. Carter was no longer dressed in yellow, using fear to destroy evil and killing whenever he felt it justified. Terry was no longer Terry when he dawned the mantle of Dusk, he had changed... His happy go lucky attitude was gone, Carter's view of the world had shifted. He was no longer optimistic that the world had more good than evil, he gave no one trust anymore, and lastly the two other members of their team had vanished. Psi had died while trying to lead Darkwatch while Terry and Carter were in Limbo and Ki had vanished int he night before the final fight.

"Yeah well someone on your wave length sent me the mental picture and warning that this was he-...." He uttered, a stab ripping through his mind as another picture came. His teeth grinding against one another.

A picture of a jail house, a huge jail house echoing with deranged laughter and horrified screams rent through his mind. Lightning flashed in his skull and a keen wail went up that sounded like someone trying to speak. As the wailing noise grew in his mind glass all around the two shattered.

Sweat beaded down his forehead when the image finally let up, when the vision was gone. He looked to Dusk, "Someone or something is trying to send me a message, do you feel anything supernatural here? Something in another reality trying to talk?" He asked, thinking maybe some wronged person was trying to seek justice from beyond, or maybe some psychic was sending him clues to do a job he or she couldn't.

Popping noises were heard along with a shallow sigh as he cracked his neck waiting for the Dusk to speak.
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open]   Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] EmptyMon May 11, 2015 6:14 pm

A brief breeze off the bay water dashes over the crest of Dusk’s horns. He notes the chill as his head turned in a panning manner. The lights of the inner black heart of Gotham shone over the relatively short docking buildings. His dagger white eyes narrowed as he scanned the rooftops. His vision was like a hawk, systematically checking each building like his life depended on it.

A week old newspaper rolled across the blacktop beside them. The dull lime glow from inside the shipping container was one among the very few lights across the dock. The shadow slowly crept to a vertical base, staring with intensity at the center of the lost city. His eyes remained furrowed as he felt an icy chill carve his heart.

“That’s just what’s bothering me… He NEVER has days off,” The Dusk spoke in his hollow wisp. His torn cape buffeted gently in the passing breeze. His gaze stayed fixated on the annals and columns of the city buildings as if in a trance. Like a deer in headlights fearing its death, the Dusk couldn’t unhook from the view before him.

The smell of water was strong, especially for the sensitive Dusk.  It was salty, leading out to the bay. There were… deposits of oil within it as well. Not to mention there was a strange smell, like that of curdling milk mixed with sulfur. It must have been some sort of illegal toxic dumping. God knows the source of it in such a murky moat.

The Dusk cocked his head sideways at the slight twinge in Carter’s voice.

“Your contempt is misplaced. With all the mad men that ravage this place, makes back home look like a playground. I’d be surprised if he could be everywhere at once. Someone like you should understand trying to do everything at once… It’s just not always possible; no matter how much we wish it so. The scream of a woman lines up with that of an alarm… a gunshot and a siren go off at opposite ends of the city… No matter how much the world calls us super, we are not gods.”

The Dusk finally tore his glare away from the empty rooftops of inner Gotham and back to the canisters before them. He stared at the eight neon tubes lined up against the dark grey metal lining. His heart felt stuck in his toe. The discomfort he felt with the liquid was oppressive. It was the inherent feeling that something was amiss. His chest shook with a constant paranoia like he was being persistently watched. He felt vulnerable and off. It was this feeling he only understood when there was something of another world at work. Usually, this aligned with spirits and lost souls. However, at that moment, it was calling out to him from the tubes and their wicked violation of the natural order of life and death.

“It’s not about control. It’s a relationship…,” The Dusk began, kneeling down to yet another canister. His barbed claws trailed down the steel siding of the tube. The white glow from his eyes fought the lime glow from the waters of youth.  His claw seized the top of the canister, attempting to force another into the Forgotten Realm.

“We were both dying… We were too weak to live on our own, and now we are one. Now we are whole, and only together, are we whole.”

The Dusk’s words tore at him a bit, wishing his words spoke for another instead of the fallen King of the Lost Souls. His eyes softened, releasing his grip on the canister. The barbed hand instead clasped his forehead. The long, gangly fingers slowly dragged across his brow, covering his eyes. A dreadful sigh escaped his lungs before he turned his head at a profile to his partner.

A small puff of fog echoed through the Dusk’s mask and out into the air. The small air particles that were idly floating in the air began to shine like snowflakes. The skin of his suit began to form goosebumps and he looked to the visibly distraught Carter.

“We aren’t alone here, you’re right,” The Dusk answers his distress. He rises from his kneeling position and creeps over to his longtime friend. The dark figure cocks his head at the words that filtering through Carter’s lips. His white knife eyes lower a bit, trying to use his indescribably strange feelings to try and determine the situation.

The Dusk slowly rose his hand, allowing his fingers to spread long and wide. His eyes slammed shut in heavy concentration. His barbed finger tips visibly began to smoke with a blue fog. The fog was not normal however. It was as if the icy fog was fabric and it was getting caught on his approaching claws. It was as if the Dusk was tearing through some unseen force. Slowly, the shadow urged forward, and his hand slowly sunk into a sheath of invisibility. With closed eyes, the Dusk forced his whole body into the veil of darkness and disappeared from the Living Realm.

The world around him was beveled in dark hues of indigo and grey. All colors of the world around him bled like leaves whipping in a storm. The definite lines of buildings were replaced with tearing colors like buffeting flags in the wind. All light had faded to a small blink and the world had embraced darkness. Above him, the moon was ascending into the sky, covered by a veil of clouds. The craters of the moon resembled a dark iris, partially obscured by the violet clouds. All sound in the area had been replaced by a harsh whipping noise, like that of a cold, desolate winter biome.  The world around him must have been well below freezing as he felt the shiver in his bones.

His friend Carter was standing next to him, except his presence was much different. His whole body had become nothing more than a barely detailed silhouette. He had become the shadow in the black of this world. The Dusk was entirely open in this realm, his indigo and grey hues vibrant against the relatively dark background. His white eyes became light in the forgotten place. Carter still moved, but was unable to see or interact with the Dusk. The line between both worlds was thin, but definite.

However, sometimes with power, a select amount of spirits could tamper with that line.

The Dusk looked to the rooftop of the garage about fifteen meters away. There, a very familiar face sat perched on the edge of the brickwork. The Fallen King nodded to him in acknowledgement. He looked different now, as many did when they became stuck in this realm. He had become a translucent husk of dim light, retaining none of his original hues. He simply had become a faded reflection of the world around him, doomed to roam a desolate land forever until some sort of atonement could be found.  The Dusk knew though, just by looking at him. He couldn’t quite understand it himself. It was as if he was tied to every single one of these lost spirits that grazed across the Land of the Damned. The Dusk felt as if he had a small piece of himself in each of these beings that wondered aimlessly through their dead lives. He often wondered if this was because of his inner emotional workings or if it was because of the King Dusk and a connection to his subjects. The Dusk couldn’t place exactly how or why, but he knew.

This was Psi.

“I thought I’d never speak to you again… The last time I saw you was on the docks that one night. Was that Gotham as well?” The Dusk speaks, the somber smile evident in his now soothing voice.
Back to top Go down
Zenaki
ಠ_ಠ Watcher
Zenaki

PostSubject: Re: Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open]   Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] EmptyTue May 19, 2015 9:43 pm

The boy stood there a shadow of the hero he had been, in death he wore a tattered version of his suit. The half cape was shredded beyond repair, his hood held so many holes that it barely qualified to be called such. His gloves were so worn his finger tips came through the fabric. 

His eyes violated the rules of this reality where every thing was faded and gray they shone a bright yellow color and seemed to draw in what little light there was in this realm. "Hello friend...... nice of you to finally visit me..." He whispered, his voice sounding dry and if a voice could, cracked. His words were choked and raspy while his eyes locked onto the supernatural hero, staring through him and into Terry.

Before Terry's eyes Emilie appeared, a smile on her face that quickly faded as she looked at his hands, a pearl necklace laced between his fingers. Wordlessly she screamed, puppeting his former lover who had tried stopping him from a heist once before. The air vibrated as a bloom of blood appeared out the front of his new love.

She looked down at it as words finally broke through the silent void, "You.... how could you let this happen to me, how could you be who you were.... didn't you love me?" She demanded, her eyes filled with betrayal and love as she fell on her knees. A man standing behind her, a shadow of a man who had features of Terry's father, the barrel of a gun smoking in his hand. His teeth flashed when he smiled before retreating into the darkness.

Dusk stood there as Terry fell to his knees in his eyes, his hand gripping his chest and a wave of anguish overwhelmed the man, Blood cascaded from Terry's chest and when his hand moved a hole was there the size of an apple core, going straight through him.

His heart was spastic while it tried to beat in its frenzied state, chunks of it missing and spluttering out blood. "Dusk.... why? Why did you fail me? I gave you my all, my life, and you let me down? You failed me...." He screamed in rage before his face turned pale as a sheet and he fell over on his side, taking one last breath before his eyes glazed over.

Psi merely watched, " Enough." He whispered, the two halves of the same man coming back to "reality", their nightmare shows ending. The boy merely stood and stared at the suited man he had once looked up too. "There is still much to fear, I didn't mean to show you what you both fear most but I'm afraid I'm not all of who I was. Not all of me is dead... I can feel it, whenever I cross something I see the things they fear and I want to make them real. This is because of Carter, when he healed me with the yellow ring. When fear energy was infused in me.

" I became something no longer natural, You see me here yet I am not here, you can touch me yet I am not whole. Part of me is still within the fear battery core. Part of me is still alive, which means I can never die. Nothing can kill me if I am dead yet I cannot live again if I am still alive. I am both immortal and always dead....

"I've become a paradox that not even you can solve Dusk, at least not on your own. I can come back to the land of the living but at a cost, Carter has to become a yellow lantern again but that is only part of the process. My body must be recovered from Gotham Graveyard and the liquid you brought over, the green youth formula must bath me while yellow energy is infused into me, coaxing the part of me stuck inside the yellow energy to come out, it should work like a magnet. I'll have no choice but to return to myself..." His eyes faded from yellow to a pale blue.

His footsteps fell quietly while he walked closer to Dusk, "I'll fight you every step of the way, I will not make it as easy as I listed for you, I will break you down time and again. I will not be stopped in my.... my  ... my.... dammit.... You see? I am shattered, two parts of the same whole like you. I fear I am becoming someone you would fear, someone who would make Meltdown look like a fairy tale... I need you to bring me back but I think hat part of me is going to fight you, I fear it is becoming something else... something beyond what is allowed in nature." 

His mouth turned upward into a smile, "Remember these names though, Zander Steel, GeneTorque, Ans the metal assassin, Max Powers, and lastly a name that will be linked to Terry from his past, a name that he will have no inkling of an idea as to how but he shall be linked. Tang. Just remember these names....." 

The boy began to fade out, leaving even the realm of death, going somewhere in between, some where much like limbo due to his self being divided between the living and the dead.....
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open]   Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] EmptyWed May 20, 2015 5:05 pm

The Dusk’s white eyes narrowed, not from any sort of frustration or ill will, but in order to better focus on the young man before him. He was a shambled version of his former self, looking like he’d been through a tornado or two before arriving before the shadowed hero. The Dusk stood among the darkness, the colors bleeding about as the wind whipped them from their place. Even from here, there were the feint echoes of the lost souls of the King Dusk calling out his name in a language none understood. Their dark choir seemed to carry as if the resounding fortress of black souls were simply miles away, when in reality their current location was about a country’s length away. The bestial hero took a look whiff of the cold, scentless air; taking solace in its lack of essence. His claw faintly dragged through a passing wisp of bleeding color, allowing it to flow through his fingers like fog.

“You know I can’t come here often Psi… I am not fully your King. Coming here strains me greatly. It is still my fatigue and exhaustion, not that of the Forbidden King,” The Dusk calmly tries to console his lost friend, feeling a pit of guilt in his heart for not being able to extend his abilities far enough.

Slowly, the Dusk began to wince in front of Psi, as if being punched in the chest repeatedly by some invisible force. His barbed fingers clasped his left pectoral tightly as his breathing became rapid and short. He lifted his free hand up as if to stop something from splashing his face, even swatting through the air.

“This… this.. isn’t real. I-I haven’t told her yet… She doesn’t know,” The Dusk finally mutters gutturally from the midst of his internal panic. The Dusk clasped his hands over his head, clutching his face tightly. He shook a bit, as if shivering in a frozen tundra.

“No… Me? Can’t be.. Not me… I’m me. We are one. King and Child,” The Dusk shakes a bit more, before snapping into place at the sound of Psi’s words.  From his crouched position, the Dusk’s eyebrows furrowed down. His eyes became narrow slits like silver daggers in the eternal night of Purgatory.

“If you had actually meant to… you wouldn’t be standing here.”

He now watched Psi carefully, on guard and ready to strike. The very uttering that he perhaps was not in full control of himself put Dusk on full alarm. The Dusk knew the power of the Realm of the Damned and how it corrupted those it touched. It was full of despair and hopelessness. However, there had been a new striking trend that even King Dusk deep down, had no concrete gauging on. There was a new surge, like crimson lightning in the air, striking certain anguished souls of his realm. Meltdown was a prime example. Some spirits became extremely powerful, it was not all that uncommon. Some focus and utilize their power of Purgatory. Ghastly beings tossing objects, turning off lights, closing doors in the real world. It was common really. A phenomena those of the Living Realm just indulged in. So many television shows and movies had been made about spirits, good and bad, who had achieved power and interacted with the very thin fabric between Purgatory and that of Life.

However, Meltdown was not one of these. Meltdown was something else entirely. There was something remotely evil about him. At the worst, malicious spirits crossed and tormented certain people; but never at the terrifyingly horrible level that the nuclear monster had done. Not only had he done that, but usually under fear of King Dusk, spirits did not exert themselves into the public light. Many famous spirits had been cast down for going just a little too far. However, Meltdown had no problem with overrunning this plight. There was dark, black power inside of him that had not come from Purgatory. The Dusk faintly remembers the man talking about a master in the villain’s final moments in Life. An elephant in the room, an evil in plain view, something was certainly going awry. It was happening slowly and behind the scenes, but there were forces at work that sought very severe consequences of the Living Realm.

Out of fear that Psi had somehow been tainted by this mysterious dark force, The Dusk kept his guard. His old friend had begun to speak, monologue about his experiences and what he’d become. The whole time the shadowed hero did not take his sharp eyes off of his newly supernatural friend. He was not about to let another Meltdown tear out of Purgatory again. Even if it was his close friend Psi, the Dusk would eviscerate him in his spot if the King within would lend his power to allow it so.

“I would not bring you back… if you were Amy herself,” The Dusk coldly answers, blatantly turning his back to his old friend as he faded into the dust. Dusk shut his eyes hard, feeling cold and callous for his choice, but knew it had to be done. He sighed heavily, opening his eyes.

The Dusk found himself once again among the Living Realm, the place he knew as home. It was a bit chilly, but not frozen like Purgatory was. There was light, color, and all of it confined to its original sources.  He looked to see the moon, exactly where it was supposed to be, not rising into the sky like a sun. There was some solace in seeing everything back to the way it was supposed to be. He let out a cemented sigh before turning to his best friend Carter.

Without muttering a single word, the Dusk spoke to Carter.

“Remember these names though, Zander Steel, GeneTorque, Ans the metal assassin, Max Powers, and lastly a name that will be linked to Terry from his past, a name that he will have no inkling of an idea as to how but he shall be linked. Tang. Just remember these names....."
Back to top Go down
Zenaki
ಠ_ಠ Watcher
Zenaki

PostSubject: Re: Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open]   Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] EmptyWed May 27, 2015 10:09 pm

The faded image of Dusk solidified as it returned from the other realm, the reality that made Carter shiver every time he thought of it. His mind playing back to the time he was in another reality of death, a harem of destruction and pain and ruin.

Quickly he snapped back to present moment, suppressing the memories as Dusk spoke a list of names, two of the names sounding familiar, Zander something and the Torque name. He couldn't rung a bell in his mind yet they did.

He took in their surrounding, the groans of the gang members as they tried to stir themselves back to consciousness. The blue and red lights that glistened off of the damp brick of the ware houses all around them in the night, the shrill sirens as law enforcement closed in, the rescued hostages having called 911 as he had directed.

"We need to leave, The Fuzz is here and I don't feel like filling out paper work." It didn't even sound like a joke as he walked away from the sirens and around the corner of the nearest structure, assuming the silent watcher that was his best friend and biggest mystery to him would follow as he normally did.

He gently pushed off of the broken blacktop, feeling tiny pebbles give way under his padded feet, the ring's power kicking in and grabbing him, defying gravity and making him feel the slight jerk in his stomach as he took off, flying upward at a slow pace so Dusk could keep up. He wasn't ever sure if Dusk was bothered like a human might be with fatigue so he paced himself for his friend while they lifted off, " If you're coming back from 'the beyond' with a list of names that puts things into perspective here, someone dead is trying to contact us and that explains why I couldn't fully understand, probably someone who was wronged trying to get justice for their untimely death.

"Anyway I have to investigate it, I feel compelled since i was called on and I'd like you to come along, just for old times. We hardly do any team ups, hell we haven't since D.C." He said, rotating in the air, hanging in the light of the full moon as clouds grazed by and cut its light, throwing it in beams.

His eyes locked onto his friend's, the ones hidden behind the mask. Dusk was holding something back, the dead person had to have known Carter to have sent him mental messages and for Dusk to have a list of names for him, a list that was also connected to terry but carter knew if the man didn't want tell his partner he wasn't going to be made to so Carter bit his lip and trusted his clawed companion while waiting for him to catch up..

Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open]   Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] EmptySat May 30, 2015 3:51 am

The Dusk took to his bat like stance, wrapping his heavy cloak across his claws to make wing shapes. He embraced the night sky, becoming one with his animal side and flying up into the air with strong pushes of his impromptu wings. He followed his old friend across the short scape of the buildings, only a meter above them at times. Carter still flew slowly, an old habit from when Dusk had yet learned how to embrace his suit and could only simply leap and glide. The shadow drifted across the night sky, his buffets graceful and slow. He was still slower than the impressive lantern power, but he kept up just fine.

There was a long silence, a void as they cascaded across the night sky. Carter kept staring back at him intensely. Reminded Terry of that moment… all those years ago…. When a man he knew all too well was staring him down with the same distrust and ill intent.

He sits alone, in a stone room. An old set up table is before him. They don't have cuffs on Terry. Stupid, sympathetic, or in with the mob, he spares not an ounce of care what the reasoning was. The clock's hands don't move. The light doesn't buzz. Eons of time and space have come to one tragic end.

“I have come to an end…”

The door finally opens with a click. Two men enter the room. One is an elderly man, grizzled and scarred by work or war (probably both). The other is a huge man, thick and built. He must be into bodybuilding.

“Terrance Christopher Graves, you're the son of Brogan Graves, right? The Mob's favorite little “procurer” is what they call it right?”

“...”

“You were training to be the next one eh? Or else he wouldn't have sent you into the house first. At least, that's what the old witch said.”

“...”

“He ain't talkin Wayne,” Eddie grumbled, shifting in his chair.

“He'll talk to me Eddie.”  He shot him a scowl.

“Whateva man.”

“Look-,”

“She's dead. Isn't she?”

The Dusk’s white eyes narrow back at Carter as he re-enters the setting before him. He skids hard on a rooftop, kicking the gravel up with some dust. He abruptly stops, allowing his gnarled cloak to fall around him, enshrouding his body.

“Somethin’ to say Carter? You’re eyeing me like a hawk… What do you want to hear? That Psi contacted me? Because he did. But something… was wrong with him. Something like Meltdown, except he couldn’t pierce the veil. And I plan to keep it that way, by not giving him a chance to cross over to our world. I’m not risking another incident like D.C. Vincent was hardly an evil man, not by a long shot. However, whoever corrupted him with that power certainly made him the devil. And I am NOT about to let Psi come here to supposedly hash out whatever has corrupted him if he cannot cross himself. If Amy herself showed up before me at the edge of the veil, begging to cross over; I wouldn’t let her if she had the same corruption. I’m keeping this realm SAFE from abominations like them. I don’t owe you an explanation. I know you’d rather drag him here and hash it out, but the bottom line is Psi is dead and as long as he cannot pierce the veil, he stays dead. End of story.”

Dusk’s words came out like spit. His eyes had become narrow slits and his brow crinkled and folded in on itself. The air was bloody with negative currents. There was both truth and venom in the words that the shadow spoke to his friend.

For a moment, the Dusk grasped his forehead with his palm.

Bang. Bang.

He saw it again, in his mind. It wasn’t Amy this time. Lying before him, was Emilie, the nice girl who’d moved into the hall across from him. He didn’t really know her that well but there she was, jittering and spasming about like his fallen beloved had. Terry was holding the gun, smoking and hot in his palms.

“Bastard… What has he shown me… What does he want? Carter, he is vile now. Him, but not fully him. He trifles with Terry’s psychosis… and…,”

The Dusk stopped, dead in his tracks. His palm descended from his forehead and leveled, facing up towards his face. The beast’s claw trembled violently as he seemingly winced in pain down at it. His eyes began to tremor and widen. He shook his head back and forth.

Suddenly, he reached up into his mask and tore the living material from his head. Sprawling dirty blonde hair fell to his shoulders. He let out a gasp as the living material dashed back into the suit at the chest area. Trails of dark navy still lined down his chin where his scruff usually resided. His teeth were now visible, fanged, but otherwise normal. His eyes regained their pupils, but were yet still white. Terry made quick, urgently labored breaths.

Graves looked down at his hand again, shaking in pairs of distinct jolts repeated over and over. He lifted his other hand and looked at it. His eyes were fixated, as if trying to identify an identity within his own palms. His eyelids drooped to cover most of his iris as he let a low bellowing sigh. He slowly allowed his hands to fall to his sides. The gnarled cape once again consumed his frame as he looked towards the gravel at his feet.

Terry’s eyes shut, trying to labor his breathing down to a normal pace. 

“T-take me home Carter… We’re done here,” He spoke in his human voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open]   Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Cries from the Void [Dusk/Carter/Open]
Page 1 of 1