Heroverse
Heroverse
Heroverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Universe where heroes of all kinds roam

GalleryHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Leadership
Founder

Top posters
TheDusk
How to ForumPlay I_vote_lcapHow to ForumPlay I_voting_barHow to ForumPlay I_vote_rcap 
Zenaki
How to ForumPlay I_vote_lcapHow to ForumPlay I_voting_barHow to ForumPlay I_vote_rcap 
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
kickedballoon
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
TheDusk
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
kickedballoon

How to ForumPlay

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheDusk

TheDusk

Male Posts : 189

How to ForumPlay Empty
PostSubject: How to ForumPlay   How to ForumPlay EmptyWed May 27, 2015 1:49 am

How to ForumPlay How_to11

It has recently come to my attention that not all the incoming members onto the Verse may know the rules to forum roleplay. As we here at the verse have no desire to outcast anyone, I feel it necessary to list the basic rules of roleplay so everyone may have fun.  The rules go as follows:

1.)Forum roleplay follows a turn system. One member, usually considered the leader of the post, makes a post first. The next post is up to the next person to participate in the post. If no one else posts, then the turn returns to the original member who posted. You cannot skip turns (unless verified with a member of leadership after an unexplained week of inactivity). You cannot take someone else’s turn either.

2.)Forum roleplay is entirely performed in third person. Your characters, whether they be your characters, npcs, etc; will be done from an omniscient narrator’s perspective and not from a first person under ANY circumstance.

3.)You as a member cannot take over the words, actions, etc of another member’s characters or npcs without the controlling member’s permission. Doing so is a horrible violation of the freedom of roleplaying and will not be tolerated. In an extended portion of this rule, you may also never FORCE another member’s characters to do anything. You cannot auto hit a character or anything else of that manner. It is rude and unbecoming.

4.)Forum roleplay usually follows the format of one of the players having a general story in mind and others adhere to the “leader” of the post. If you would like to dramatically change the story, discuss it with the leader of the post.

5.)Leadership doesn’t have to get involved with all of your posts. Most of your post discussions can happen between members and unless there is an issue, Leadership generally won’t get involved. You can discuss plot, character development, etc in a post with the people involved.

6.)This rule is not a requirement, but generally desired: You should be aiming to make your posts at least a thousand words. The idea is that you are feeding enough into the story to read and not simply submitting bare minimum. Sometimes it is simply impossible, but it is thoroughly encouraged. Can’t think of what to write? Think about your character’s thoughts are, take a moment to view the story through a npc, etc.

[This post is ongoing]
Back to top Go down

How to ForumPlay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heroverse :: Getting Ready To Roll :: Rules-
Jump to: