Heroverse
Heroverse
Heroverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Universe where heroes of all kinds roam

GalleryHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Leadership
Founder

Top posters
TheDusk
Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] I_vote_lcapPurgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] I_voting_barPurgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] I_vote_rcap 
Zenaki
Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] I_vote_lcapPurgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] I_voting_barPurgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] I_vote_rcap 
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
kickedballoon
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
TheDusk
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
kickedballoon

Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheDusk

TheDusk

Male Posts : 189

Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] Empty
PostSubject: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:03 am

He felt the wild winds of the road whipping his long locks. They tossed about as he zoomed forward on his father's old Harley though the streets that used to fear it. Terry felt the strong gusts cooling his cheeks as he listened to the roar of the engine. He looked up to the starry skies above him. There was a reason he enjoyed the night shift. The streets were no safe place at night... in a moments notice he could glide off his bike and serve his sacred duty. After the D.C. Incident, many referred to Dusk as “The Protector.” He intended to live up to just that every night of his life.

Though he couldn't help but dwell on the thoughts that were tearing at him. Graves knew that he was being corrupted. He could see it in the tabloids. “Mysterious Demon assaults bank robbers!” “Has Hell come to Earth? Creature Leaves Two Jackers Crippled!” It pulled at him the way the newspapers were describing him. They depicted him as some vampire monster praying on the innocent, not the Protector they had idolized. If anyone found out that it was the Dusk behind these attacks, surely their views would change of the hero. Hell, they wouldn't even see him as a hero.

How could he expect them to understand? It never made sense to him the masses and their opinions. Millions could beg for merciless punishment on the criminals inhabiting their cities. However, when a dark assailant delivers the harsh justice they craved, they turn and run in fear. No one ever truly knows what they want. Always the first impulse, never contemplation. If Terry saw another story on the nightly news cursing his mysterious existence, he swore he'd go mad.

They could never understand. No man or child could quite grasp the anguish that drove his malice. He felt ashamed, knowing that he was no longer the idol that the people could look up to. His reflection had been twisted and broken since his arrival back into the Living Realm.

Graves was reborn, not in Detroit, but in a far off field not too far from Washington D.C where he was slain. He was not plummeted back into the hell of his memories. He chose to return. Like a beaten wife in an abusive relationship, Terry returned to the unforgiving streets of Detroit, Michigan. The young man walked by day, then flew by night; just to return to the origins of his living hell. Many would question his motives for burrowing himself in his personal terrors. It could be speculated that in the wake of his tragic marriage in Sanctuary that he strived to return to the one place where Amy was last alive. Another train of thought suggests that his immense pain had turned him masochist, drawing him back to the husk of a town that harbored the worst memories imaginable. It could even be perceived that his home had called out to him, screaming in the desperation of its sin for a dark avenger to reclaim its lost glory.

It didn't really matter what the true reasoning for his return was, only that the Dusk had descended upon Detroit's underbelly like a blight upon humanity. The Shadow blackened the evil streets, painting them with the sounds of terror and agony. Hospitals were becoming plentiful with the slime of society, broken arms, legs, etc. What he intended to be a heroic return was blackened by his greatest anguish, making Dusk's return a reign of terror. He ruled like a merciless dictator over his home, punishing all who disobeyed the law with extreme predigest. The Dusk had turned into a cold demon, striking and beating down all who opposed his bent justice.

Terry bit his lip as he increased the speed of the bike. His disgust was fueling his race forward. Graves was barely aware of his own actions when the suit engulfed him. Terry himself, had become a much calmer being, but Dusk had become a vile monster. It bewildered him to think of how chilled out he was all day, but when night fell, he became this snarling beast, hungry for the pain of sinners. It scared him...

He shivered as he traveled outwards towards the more open area of Detroit, where there were mostly suburbs and occasional mansions here and there. Terry often questioned why anyone would ever want to place such a luxurious palace just outside the nation's greatest cesspool of crime and fear. To him, it seemed like an open invitation to get robbed blind. Then again, that was his old master thief mind speaking again. Sure, he had been purged of his old ways; but that in no way ended his years of experience as a master cat burglar. They would learn the hard way that it wasn't the brightest idea.

Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] 640x479_EM04

Come to think of it... the address his was approaching seemed to be that of this modern style mansion. A perplexed eyebrow lifted in confusion. What millionaire could possibly want pizza at this hour? Terry pondered for a moment, but let it go, realizing that with that much money; you could do what ever you damn well pleased.

He made a quick turn left, rolling down the long stone pathway towards the towering structure bathed in white. Even in the darkness of night, the mansion was lit like a beacon for all to find. It was very... odd to see a building lit up so spectacularly well. He paid no mind to it though, it was nearing the end of his shift and he was way too tired to care for the formalities of things.

Graves shut off his cycle and grabbed the pizza's from the seat of his bike. He grudgingly strode up to the large double doors of the mansion. His eyelids were heavy and wanted to take him down to sleep on the doormat right that instant. He fought valiantly to stay awake as his finger pressed the doorbell button.

He awaited an answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:51 am

The heart began to beat fast, as the red eyed creature had his right hand up. A bright light expanded through the skies as he stared downward. Many, many guards stood there, on their knees and pointing guns. "You might as well, drop them" The man dressed in black with the crimson red eyes smirked, right side of the mouth scrunching up. The first bullet fired, and a blue light came from the eyes of the dark hero.

The bright blue light moved into the bullet and it turned into nothing but ash. "I am beyond your world. I am Azrael, the last of my kind." The man dressed in black leaped down the steps. The hands of the dark hero moved onto the chests of two soldiers, bright light moved out through the air one more time. Black wings spread from the back of the angelic creature, and screams echoed in the skies with the light fully washed over the room.

An explosion moved through the area and washed over the area; the building collapsed and fell onto the ground. The screams stopped. The angel figure was then standing over a city of bones, in his right hand was a bone in the right palm. The fingers dug into the eye sockets. Azrael slowly shook his head, turning around, another flash of light came, once more.

. . .

Azrael's eyes opened and he was laying there in the bed. The pillow scrunched up and the bed was leaned to the side. In his sleep he had broke it. The billion year old Angel slowly got to his feet and made fists, the knuckles cracked as he yawned, head thrown back. The right hand of Azrael snapped, and clothes moved from his closet and closed onto his body, and began to dress him as he walked.

The clothing was done moving by itself; his pants buttoned and the collar flicked upwards to hide his chapped lips. The crimson eyes scanned his head. "Beautiful." Azrael smiled warmly, his hands glided over a statue of an angel with his wings spread and holding a flaming sword. Suddenly, a large growl moved from his stomach, he turned around, squinting as his hand was ready to unsheathe the blade on his side.

The hand dropped once he realized he got too jumpy, and that is was only his stomach. "Angels have to eat too.. Interesting." Azrael moved his hand onto a phone on the table, and dialed a number quickly. He brought the phone up to his ear and waited, in his mind it was ages. Though in reality it was only 10 seconds. 

"Bob's Pizza. How can we make you happy?"

"I would like the best food you have, I want a good feast to feed me as my father did us in paradise."

"Um, sir; I am sorry?"

"Do you not understand, human? I want food." 

"Yes, I'll just give you the specialty, medium pepperoni pizza for only 5 dollars?"

"Yes, human. Give me what I hunger for!" 

He set the phone down and folded his arms, sitting back in a chair he stared at the door, and simply had waited.

Azrael moved his head to the side and dozed off, dreaming about the wonderous, but fattening, food of the Humans. Suddenly, a ringing sound exploded through the home. The ears of Azrael twitched, and quickly he got to his feet and he flew forth, landing down in front of the door. The right hand opened up the door, and his hand rested on his blade, staring at the man in front of him.
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Terry instantly quirked an eyebrow, eyeing the strange looks of the customer. Surely, the man did not look odd at first. But in the bright porchlight, he captured the glimpse of the red tint in his eyes. 
It was as if his eye was bleeding, but only in the circle of his cornea. Graves wasn't afraid of this man in any way shape or form. He was a man who had seen more death and terror than most. Hell, Graves was bonded to a great King of Lost Souls, the ruler of those who are doomed to live in permanent emotional anguish.... So close to their loved ones of the living realm, but always so far away at the same time. It is the most brutal torture anyone could ever imagine. Imagine being close to your most loved person in your life, but never being able to talk to them or communicate in any way shape or form. Friends, family, romantics, all within your grasps but never attained. Ghosts live harrowed lives that destory their humanity. Terry was thankful to spend his time in the Living Realm as opposed to the husk of a life that spirits engaged in.

Terry shifted his Pizza Hut helmet to get his long bangs out of his face.  Graves let out a deep sigh, feeling the grudge of the long night bearing down on his shoulders. Previously that night, he had stopped a bank robbery, met an alien, and had a breakdown in the graveyard. It wasn't turning out to be a good night for him so far. And that was BEFORE the third shift he had to work. It was a poor start to the night and it only got worse by digging his elbows into the workforce. Terry looked down slowly at the recipt order that his boss had given him.

"Two pizzas... One peperroni and one meat lovers, right?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:48 am

Azrael stared at the man holding a box of steaming food in his hand. The red hat on his head had a logo of a triangular like object on it, and under it, it had said: 'Pizza Hut'. He caught the mans eyes locked onto his. The red optics slowly moved to the side awkwardly and the right hand twitched. 

"Yes.. Two Pizzas.. and.." Azrael's head tilted and he shrugged. "Pepperoni and one.. meat lovers." The Angel's right hand moved onto the box of the pizza. But suddenly a cold chill moved into his body. His blood pressured spiked and his head slowly set down, the chin touched the shoulders. Azrael's red eyes came back up and he quivered slowly.

In his eyes, the Pizza man had a black spiked aura around his body; The Pizza man's face was messed up and scared, horns sticked up from his head, and suddenly he was dressed in all black, and he had a long black cloak covering his body. White eyes locked onto his crimson colored ones. His hand yanked back from the pizza and the left hand set itself onto the temple. 

His butt hit the ground and he coughed. He shivered at what he had just seen. This was no ordinary Human. He was something else. He could sense his energy, he could see what he really was. And he had to remove this threat. The Angel got onto his feet and slid his right hand down his face, squinting. "How.. much?" 
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Terry stared down at the two pizza boxes stacked upon each other. The total dollar amount had quite honestly slipped his mind. With a grumbling sigh, he reached between the boxes and fumbled out a small sliver of reciept for the order. Graves brought the reciept up close; his sight growing blurry from the overpowering drowsiness.

"Let us see here...,"

Before he could announce the price needed, the odd man reeled backward into the foyer of his wealthy home. A wide eyebrow was shot in the direction of the strange mansion owner as he turned as white as snow, as if he'd seen a ghost. The stranger kept cringing and shivering as he stared, almost awestruck at Terry's prescence.

Graves just stared at him strangely, not sure what to think of the red eyed man's bizarre behavior. His dreary eyes narrowed as he watched the man reach his feet once more. Surely, some sort of composure had consumed the man realizing he was acting entirely silly around a complete stranger. He brushed off his nice clothes for a moment before asking for the price with a quake.

"Well... uh...," Terry jumbled with words, a vicious mixture of the long night and the customer's frightened behavior left him at a loss of words.

He sighed heavily, realizing that the ache in his back was much worse than he'd originally percieved. Instinctively reaching for his aching back, he stopped himself so he could read the reciept. Bringing it up once again to his gray eyes, Terry took in the information.

"Okay.. Erm... Mr. Azrael...?" Terry spoke timidly, finding his name also very strange as well.

Of course, from his religious background, he knew that this was a name of one of the archangels. Graves figured his parents also were religiously involved and named him so. Or that his parents were nuts, what ever the case may be; he really had no idea nor did he even care. He just really wanted to get home and hit his warm soft bed.

His faded blue orbs gazed at the receipt once more.

"One pepporoni, one meat lovers... It's.. Tuesday, which means the normal 7.99 is down to 6.99 cause of the Monday through Wednesday Special. That'll be thirteen dollars and ninty eight cents." Terry spoke unwavering.

He shifted his shoulders; the growing need to wrap up his shift overcoming him.

"Just pass me thirteen, I'll bite the 98 for ya man, don't worry." He spoke soundly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:54 pm

Azrael nodded slowly, still looking a bit spooked. His red eyes were still wide as his right hand moved around his pocket. He dug deeper, his elbow arched back and he cursed at the tight pockets. Finally he managed to grab his black leather wallet and held it up in front of his face. Quickly he snatched a 10 dollar bill and three singles from one of the pouches. 

He really didn't mind spending money, he got all he want from the crime bosses he would protect, and soon on in the evening, smite. He liked to call what he did.. smiting. In the name of his God. Though he did not believe in forgiveness from evil men like them. Raping women, hitting them, selling/doing drugs and killing others. Making Detroit and New York worse, and the rest of the world really. 

Sometimes Azrael wished all of the violence would stop. He wished the heroes would be more like him. He hated how some Human superheroes didn't kill, but only put them in jail. That wont teach them a lesson, Azrael found that out a long time ago. Imprisonment would only make those bad people angrier, and they will force their problems onto an innocent man. 

He snapped out of it and handed the Pizza man his money, folding the top over the bottom. "Here, thank you for sparing me of the.. 98 cents." Azrael shrugged, re attracting his hand from the others space bubble. Azrael grabbed the two boxes at the pizza man, letting the smell of his food wonder into his nose.
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:39 am

Terry shivered as he their hands nearly touched. He looked back up into this man's eyes to see the blood red eyes that seemed deep in thought of something familiar. His eyebrows narrowed as his face contorted at his bizarre nature. Everything he did... his quirks and movements, all seemed... inhuman. They were off. They weren't made by even the strangest of men. His mind was not entirely there either it seemed. It seemed trap in the webs of dark thoughts that were luring him way from the present moment.

However, there was more here than a simple odd man. There was something... otherworldly about this man. His demeanor of pride. His posture of power. He seemed... lost and out of place, like he didn't belong here in this world. He seemed to be such a empowered man, but it was too much for him to handle. He had this... aura, one that made the hair on the back of Graves's neck stand up. Something... deep down... was telling Terry to get away from this man as quickly as possible. Something... was telling him to get away as soon as possible... He felt as if he was in mortal danger!

Once the pizzas left his hand, the young man turned and strode away immediately.

”Y-yeah.. sh-sure man yeah...,” Terry stammered and jumbled his words as he stumbled away. He strode down the stairs in an awkward manner and walked as quickly as he could back to his Harley. His legs straddled the seat as he took one stare back to the strange man staring in the threshold of the manor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:21 am

Azrael's eyes turned dull once more, he took one last look at the pizza man and then slid back into the shadows of his mansion. The door closed shut and locked by a flick of Azrael's right hand. 

Azrael turned around and stared at the wall in front of him, and his right hand slowly moved onto it. He touched the wall and a bright energy began to warm his nice home. The floor sparkled like Azrael's eyes, when the walls parted to reveal a blade about 4 feet tall. It looked like a rapier. The Angel slid the tip of the blade across the ground, and sent a line onto the floor, sending sparks flying. 

"I.. am Azrael." Azrael said this as he examined his blade, twisting it around in his hands. "I am the destroyer of worlds, I am God's hand in vengeance, I am evil, I am Good, DEATH!" Azrael sent his blade up, and suddenly a spark of light flew out from the windows, the windows cracked slightly as wings began to come from the back of Azrael. The black trench coat, did not fit in with the yellow glowing feathers that cascaded over his shoulders. 

His wings blocked all of the windows and pushed against the walls. He folded them over his body and closed his eyes, bowing his head down. 

Suddenly, the feathers turned into a black color. With a twist of the Angel's right hand, he sheathed the blade on his side and nodded to himself. It was time to investigate. Azrael moved at the speed of 40 MPH, through the back door and then into the skies.

The wings blocked a dog's view of the sun, and it began to immediately bark. Azrael's.. next door neighboor hurried out, the old women looked up and gasped, seeing Azrael fly through the air. She dropped onto her knees and put her hands together, and began to pray. The light swishes around his hands that burned, his left wing moved backward, for him to switch and turn around.

He turned around and flew above the car of the pizza man. He knew what he would do. He would follow him, and interrogate him. And after that.. slay him from the world. 

The angel landed onto the top of his house and folded his wings around his body. He blended in with the shadows, and watched the pizza man move into 
his car.
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 4:26 am

Terry started his bike with a roar as he watched the light of the man's mansion lit up with a blinding gold. His eyes narrowed with shock as the engine rumbled. It was as a golden flash of lightning had emulated through the house. The young man didn't know what was going on here, but the more he stuck around, the more he got the creeping feeling that he wanted no part of it. With a roar of the motor bike, he screeched out of the driveway of the manor and out onto the open road outside of town.

Graves tried to keep his eyes forward, doing his best to ignore the very strange events of the night. His eyes felt weighted with an ache like no other. It had been a very long night in the shoes of Dusk, and for some reason, the third shift was extremely busy tonight. This bizarre encounter with the... ghastly man made him more uneasy than any villain could ever accomplish. He could still feel the hairs on his arms standing straight up. Something definitely rubbed him the wrong way about this customer. Terry couldn't ever quite put his finger on it, just a gut feeling of looming terror.

The young delivery man did the best in his power to avoid the growing un-settlement crawling up his gut and into his chest. He turned on his Ipod and plugged his headphones. Graves blinded his shaking skin with echoing beats of guitar riffs. His long dirty blonde hair dashed in the night's crisp wind. When he finally began to calm down, he was able to feel the comfort of the wind caressing face and its cool touch. It soothed him like the old days when he was a kid and couldn't sleep without a fan beside his bed. A subtle smirk crossed his face, satisfied to find such a fond memory amongst the terrors of his past.

A chill like no other shattered his state of mind. Terry immediately dashed to the side of the road, nearly running his motor bike into a ditch with the shock of the sudden voice. He slammed the brakes as hard as he could, causing a loud screech to echo across the countryside. Loud cursing ripped through the air as the young man burned rubber to save his life. He brought the bike to the sudden halt, but inertia kept his body going. Where the Harley went completely erect, Terry was tossed over the side of the bike and rolled down into the ditch. He hit his head rather hard on a rock, but was able to deal with the blow considering he had his helmet on. Never had he been so happy to be a Pizza Hut delivery boy with that stupid hat.

Shaking the cobwebs, he removed the helmet, allowing his long hair to flow free.

”Jesus! What's wrong with me tonight?” Terry exclaimed to himself. However, he knew deep down that it had nothing to do with him. There was an external force at work here. It had something to do with that man he'd delivered to. He was almost certain of it. It couldn't be coincidence that on the same night he met this man, he had the jitters like he'd never experienced before. It wasn't necessarily fear. Fear was his weapon, not an emotion he held. No this was an edginess. This was the knowing that you were in mortal danger, but helpless to do anything about it. Hell, Graves didn't even know how he was in any danger at all. For miles around there was only countryside and rich mansions, no signs of anything that would even lift a finger to speak with him, much less harm him.

Yet the feeling kept growing, causing his chest to become heavy and his breathing quick.

There was something very strange going on, and he wanted no part of it. The moon bared down on him with an eerie feint glow. He couldn't pull himself from looking back to the manor with intrigue. For a moment, he could have sworn he saw some sort of...thing soaring above the mansion grounds. However, it was nothing but a silhouette. Its shadow quickly melded with the darkness of the black rooftop, becoming indistinguishable from the rest of the dark mass. Terry rubbed his eyes for a moment. Certainly he couldn't be seeing things. He was indeed tired, but he was never one to hallucinate. The young man had certainly seen something soaring atop the mansion. Now, it was hiding... somewhere in the blackness of the estate. What was this thing doing? Stalking him?

His imagination grew wild with ideas of what on Earth this thing could possibly be. Was that strange man possible holding some demonic pet beneath his house? Was the man part monster? There were no answers that seemed to fit a frame of reality. However, he could not deny that he had seen some sort of creature that could be either. The nights chilly wind dashed across his leather jacket, leaves tossing in the gust.
The stage was set; Predator versus Prey.

But Terry would be no prey. Certainly the beast was still watching him from afar. He subtly allowed his Dusk suit to slide over his skin beneath his clothes as a grimace covered his face. He carefully turned off the engine to his bike and propped it up safely. The young man looked down at his gloves, the dark claws beneath them begging to be set free. He turned his back freely to whatever form of creature was stalking him. A bead of sweat dashed down his forehead as he awaited the next move of the predator.

Knowing that he was ready for when it came.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 4:46 am

Ezekiel watched the pizza man go down the street with his motorcycle. Soon after he left out of sight, he looked up and watched the sun go down. The blasts of sunlight dissapeared, and darkness fell over Azrael's body completely. His eyes opened once more to reveal the red optics, he stared down at the ground. 

His gloved hands turned into fists, his knuckles popped out just a bit, and his teeth gritted. Black feathers moved out and stretched through the area, and quickly he jumped off his feet from the top of his mansion. He flapped his wings and let himself be absorbed into the shadows of the sky, he watched cars go up and down the street, men and women hugging and kissing each other.

And a man robbing a helpless woman. But he had no time for that. A woman losing 30 dollars in her purse? Or letting a Supernatural creature go away, and then have the world in demonic flames? Ezekiel shook his head and stretched his hands out, his wings ceased flapping, and he glided up the hill. 

Azrael could FEEL the Supernatural energy pouring from the "Pizza man". It was like a waterfall. He knew he was not human. This was no mistake. His curiosity flowed through his heart and his head, both had agreed to make the decision. Follow, and interrogate him. Was he a demon? Was he another Angel looking to destroy him? 

Pursing his lips, his red eyes close and he flows back into the forest. The wings go into his back and he begins to run, dodging trees and jumping over them. His black hair flowed behind his ears and his red eyes moved left and right. He was one inch past the motorcycle the Supernatural Pizza Man was riding. His left fist began to shake.

The time was now. He would have to attack now! He counted down in his head as he stared at his prey. 3.. 2.. 1. "SKRRRRT!"  Azrael widened his eyes as the Supernatural Pizza Man flew off the bike, and it crashed into the ground. One side wanted to help him up, and the other side wanted to destroy him while he was vulnerable. 

Azrael began to walk forward, without a sound. He watched the Pizza Man slowly get back up and look down at his hands. He knew it was now the perfect time to strike. The Angel moved into the air and moved his hands out, his black wings spread and he appeared in front of the moon light to block it from shining down onto the pizza man. Azrael's right hand rested on his blade, waiting for a reaction to come.

Last edited by Ant Man on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 3:26 pm

(OOC: Extended the Suit BENEATH his clothes. No cape, no horns, just the skin tight suit...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 5:12 pm

(OOC: Oops, sorry. Well i've finished redoing my post. Now lets get back to roleplaying!)
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Terry narrowed his eyebrows as he saw the moonlight from around him suddenly disappear into a black shadow. His eyes widened with the the realization of the looming terror. He examined the shadow surrounding him... and it looked like some sort of... Crow. The edges of the silhouette were doused in little feathered ridges. This wasn't a trick of the eyes because these black feathers moved in the drifting wind. It could certainly be compared to the black mass that he had seen soaring above the strange man's manor minutes ago. Graves let his breaths pass in and out through his nose, attempting to be as quiet as possible.

He didn't understand why he was still trying to remain somewhat silent; it had obviously found him. Despite being draped in the beast's pitch black shadow, the assault never came. This creature had a much higher intelligence than Terry perceived. It had to have had some keen intelligence to observe that the young man's plan was simply a set up. His mind fumbled with explanations as to what on Earth could be stalking him this lone night. If he were a young teen, without powers, he would certainly be horrified at the moment.

But Terry was a force stronger than that. As his long locks blew in the passing wind, he gazed heavily for an alternate route since simply waiting for the beast's onslaught had failed. He figured that the creature would pounce on the unsuspecting pizza man, only to find him missing from his place. Then in his spot would be a dark revenant of justice. However, the wicked thing stayed in the sky... just... watching him. It was toying him like a cat with a found mouse. It did not want to pounce. It must have wanted to see the fear in his eyes as it struck him down.

However, he would be no victim on this night.

Terry moved slowly to the other side of his bike, the one facing the roadside ditch. In an instant, he grabbed the bike and faked a clumsy man's trip with ease. He made sure to let out a convincing yelp as he fumbled down the mud pass, allowing his big motor bike to collapse over him. Terror chilled his veins as the metal vehicle appeared to crush him as the duo rolled down into the muddy ditch, into a veil of darkness. A distinct crash was heard, the mangling of metal and flesh echoed.

Terry smiled in the concealed darkness, knowing that he was really in no harms way with the suit giving him enhanced durability and strength beneath his street clothes. The Harley sunk into the mud as Graves vamped from this reality to another, only leaving a chilled essence where he was lay.

The world he now entered as a ethereal plane, suffocated by cutting blue winds. Dust and debris flowed in endless lines through the air. He lifted his head to stare across the more desolate plane, all of the forests and lands around him twisted and broken images of their Living Realm counterparts. The bright yellow moon glared down upon all its forgotten subjects.

However, as Terry began to observe his surroundings better, he quickly realized that there wasn't a single spirit for miles. The ghosts themselves were quite disturbing, husks of former human lives that couldn't reach either of the Afterlife planes so they wound up stuck in this horrifying mirror of their former realm. There were always these looming, tormenting beings gliding across the ruined landscape. They were always searching for purpose in a hopeless land. They were always searching for someone to terrorize or to protect from this realm. It didn't matter for good or bad, these spirits were always out and up to something.

But there wasn't a single ghost for miles. Call it the inner King, but Terry grew extremely worried at the sight of abyss. It was necessarily the fact that these ghosts were gone, but the question as to why they were gone.

That's when it hit him.

Terry looked up and knew exactly why. It had to be him. He stood his ground as he finally got a good look at this creature, beaming with light even in this other dimension. It was a bright light that encumbered his entire body, but the farther his rays traveled, the more they turned into a wicked crimson or even black. He cursed himself for not realizing the oddity before. There seemed to be... blood on the hands of the creature, although he hadn't seen any on the beast in the Living Realm. Certainly this was symbolic to his existence, perhaps a hint as to why the spirits wanted to be no where near him. A matter of fact, the ground below him seemed to glow with the same blood red. However, the sky above him was painted a shining gold. Graves could come up with nothing as to why this was.

However, he knew the exact identity of the creature. Terry looked above him to see the same bizarre man from the manor hovering above him. He definitely knew that something was off about this man. However, the young man would have never have guessed he could become this half bird creature that could glisten in his Forgotten Realm. His eyebrows narrowed in confusion to how truly weird this character was. One moment he was an aloof scary man, now he came to form what seemed to be an evil angel descending on easy prey. He had no idea how to even think of this thing.

The blood dripping from the hands of the wicked angel but a shiver down Terry's spine, changing his intrigue to defense. In an instant, he allowed his full costume to envelop him. A long tattered cape stretched down his back as a collar of the cloak encircled his neck. Sharp horned jutted out from the back of his head and cheeks. The scorched all seeing eye appeared on the cloaks frontal side. Spikes protruded from his feet and knuckles. His gnarled claws came free. The more eerie of his appearance, his soulless white glowing orbs emerged.

Terry did not know what this thing was, or what the signals from the Forgotten Realm meant... but he KNEW that it certainly wasn't good. This beast's intention was to hunt down Terry Graves and kill him. That much was clear. However, this vile creature would get a lot more than it bargained for. This thing would meet the Protector, the Dark Avenger, the Shadow....

THE DUSK

”I Suggest You Run Along Now Little Man... Stalking Humans At Night With Intent of Harm Is A Sin...Flee Before I Deem You Unworthy Of A Second Chance...,”

The booming voice tore into the ears of the blackened angel, seeping deep into his soul. It loomed across his skin and down into his heart. Suddenly, from seemingly nowhere, this gnarled spirit descended like a blight over humanity. His cruel gaze dug into the very being of the angel and extorted him for all his guilts. His insidious white orbs aimed to dismantle his very sanity with a single glare. His sinister stare aimed to leave lesions all over his identity and his memories. His whispered yet booming words carried the ache of suicide and loss. It invoked a despair greater than the fall of humanity. The Shadow's presence was overall unsettling, leaving a mark of unearthly terror. His disturbing aura aimed to leave the strongest of predators simple victims in his wake.

It's eyes narrowed in anticipation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:56 pm

The black feathers flew onto the ground before him. His wings slowly moved back into himself, burrying into his spinal cord and dispersing immediately. Azrael's feet touched the ground, and his head bowed as his right arm hung low. The red eyes looked at the ground, and moved their way up to face a creature in front of him.

Azrael stood at his full height, 6'4, and his hands turned into fists. Pursing his lips, his right hand grabbed onto his sword and he unsheathed it. A bright light blasted through the area, a car behind Azrael's new opponent flew up and flew past Azrael's head.

Shaking his head at how clumsy the driver was, his left wing flew outward, and held the car from under. The woman in the car held in the passenger door, staring down at the two weird looking men, especially the one with the wing holding up a car. Tossing the car aside, it skidded down the street and switched to the side, leaving the woman flabbergasted in the middle of the street the two supernatural beings blocked. 

Ezekiel's wing slowly dissapeared, shrinking down and then finally gone from sight. The red eyes never went from The Protector's body, the sword in his right hand continued to swing at the ground and make several grounds into the yellow line in the middle of the street. 

Azrael noticed that the energy pouring from The Supernatural Pizza Man's body had increased once he had transformed into something eyes, the eyes of this one continued to stare into Azrael's soul. By now, he knew that he had figured out what he was because of his wings.

Suddenly, the blade sparked several times like a broken machine, Azrael snapped the thumb of his left hand against the first finger, and flames appeared all over the blade. Ashes went onto the palm of the entity that held it.  He swayed the blade side to side, and stared at Dusk, now pointing the blade of wrath torwards him.

Azrael spoke in the voice of the many known creatures of Earth, the sounds of many animals and the sounds of many humans had bended together in the same person, and he let it out as his lips cursed to show his white sparkling teeth.

"My true form is bigger than your Empire State building." The angel spoke, his blade still pointed at the jugular of Dusk. "I am no man, Shapeshifter. I am.. The last real Angel that you may ever see." Azrael slightly lowered his eyes, pursing his lips as he thought about his horrible past.

"I am no fallen angel, they only make me seem like that. My father would not cast me from his home..." Shaking his head, he moved back into the fiasco happening, snapping back into reality with his eyes locked on his soon to be opponent once more. "I stalk no human, you are more than that. And I do not flee from battle, I AM AZRAEL!" 

Once he said this, his voice got deeper and lightning came from the skies that were turning red, the sun slightly showed now. The lightning and thunder continued to roar in the background, a drop of rain hit the ground, followed by more. "I give you one chance and one chance only. Leave this world, and I will not slay you demon."
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Dusk sneered beneath his mask, taking the man's moment of rambling to step away from his strange sword that he pulled from seemingly no where. His piercing gray orbs lowered into an irritated scowl that could bleed through his mask and cut into the dark angel if it wished. The demeanor of the Shadow was sinister, but yet controlled and calm at the moment. The Dusk sat like a water drop on the edge of a knife. If the knife was trifled so much as even slightly, the water drop will fall. He was like a dam on the verge of breaking, but still able to hold back in all his urges of violence and terror upon this new creature claiming to be an angel.

”Angel....Are you?” His hallow voice carved into the angel's ear drums. The statement came out foreboding yet oddly quizzical; as if he had been confused by the identification. The words caught him off guard. As Dusk looked upon the creature, it certainly had the physical aspects of an angel for the most part. It had the long, feathered wings that dwarfed the size of the one who owned them. He certainly spoke eloquently like he'd imagined an angel would if stuck in a human setting.

”Carelessly tossing an innocent women doesn't seem so holy... You Could Have Killed Her...,” The Protector finished his thought, turning his horned head to the frightened woman in the vehicle, not quite sure of what was staring back at her. How could you expect a young woman, probably coming home from a third shift(Like Terry was going to do if this maniac hadn't halted him) and stumbling upon to creatures not of the plane just standing in the middle of the isolated road. She had probably taken the road to avoid traffic, but stumbled into more trouble than she'd ever conceived.

The Dusk fully removed his attention from the ranting 'angel' and took slow foot in the direction of the woman's vehicle. He nodded to her, trying to be as somber as a wicked being of the Forgotten World of the Spirits could be. Needless to say, he didn't look any less intimidating without the narrowed eyes and frightening posture. The brunette still had eyes wider than the Atlantic in the presence of such a sinister being. This was to be expected however.

Terry had come to expect that with the terrifying aura he adapted to, he would alienate his connection the the innocent. However, it was important to him to be able to put the fear of God into these sinners in order to maintain the absolute safety of the citizens. It didn't matter if they found him scary at all, as long as they could make it home safe and sound, he could careless. Graves never wanted to be the spotlight hero anyway. It wasn't his way. This was in no way shape or form a strive for glory, or to imprint himself into the annals of history. He did it because he truly cared for the safety of every human being. Whether they liked him or not was inconsequential. As long as he kept them away from danger, it would never matter.

The Dusk nodded his head in the direction of the road behind her, signaling that she should take another pathway home. This was met by panicked enthusiasm as the woman gulped and grabbed the steering wheel. She stared back at them for a moment, taking in the awe of such bizarre and broken figments of reality. It was true that she would probably never see such a sight again in her life. However, she knew deep down that fear had buckled her to the leather of the seat. The way that thing was looking at her put her heart into her stomach. But she knew that his notion to get away from her was more than an invitation, it was a way out of there. Without hesitation, in a screech of burning rubber, she veered into the distance and was never seen to their eyes again.

Now with the innocent woman out of harm's way, the Dusk turned his attention back to the blackened angel before him. His eyebrows lowered, returning to his impenetrable darkness. The kind overtone he took with the civilian was incinerated by returning his focus to the man who swore to kill him. There was a quarrel within the mind of the Shadow. What exactly was this thing? Why was a creature like this toted up in some fancy manor on the outskirts of town? This left his brain a mess, finding no solvable answer to any of his inner questionings.

”There will be no battle unless you initiate a battle stranger...,” The Dusk's unsettling voice spoke in a matter-of-factly tone. His misty gray orbs aimed to take a chunk of Azrael's soul from him their vicious glare. It was truly incomprehensible the amount of shock that was put into a single look from the being.

It perplexed the Shadow that the beast had no so much as even slightly faltered in the wake of his presence. It was custom that sinners usually fled, or if they did not, at least were horrified with having to deal with such a malevolent hammer of justice. However, this creature did not budge. It even had the audacity to life a blade to his neck, as if he owned him. The Dusk was put off by this strange reaction. He could only figure that this man was extremely courageous, or entirely foolish. Maybe he was even both all at once.

”Demon..? Oh, I am no demon.. You know that as well as I. I am a creature beyond comprehension. If you are indeed an angel, then I am not surprised that my presence has gone unnoticed. This world, or even other worlds have no place for beings like me. I am a shadow across the world, a blight on any and all who commit sin. I am a sick, forgotten beast, but I am not of any evil I can assure you that...,” The Dusk spoke, chilling words seeping behind the ears of Azrael.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:30 pm

Azrael took his blade down and sheathed it, but he was still on alarm. His eyes closed and he shook his head as Dusk sneered. He could see what he was doing. He had her of this Dusk hero, people around these parts called him The Protector. Now he wondered if he was truely was an enemy.

The Angel put his hand over his mouth and his eyes opened, there he could see in the gray optics of Dusk that he was not truly evil. He could easily see what he was about. Azrael saw the goodness in his soul, and the darkness and hatred that was locked away. Ezekiel saw that he attempted to strike fear into him, but he would not budge.

Turning his head, he watched Dusk put the woman he had earlier thrown into shock to comfort. That was proof that he was no enemy. He wished to strike fear into sinners, and that is what he thought Azrael was. A sinner. Looking at Dusk as he blabbered about almost hurting the woman, while he also put her back into her car, her face being pale from what he had did.

Pocketing his hands, Azrael turned his back to Dusk and spread his wings, the black feathers hit the ground and he looked up at the sky, the moon was back after a while of the sun shining from the presence of rage when Azrael had said his own name. 

The energy coming from Dusk's body had threw him off in surprise, and he did not have the time to focus on the energy completely. He breathed in the air, and absorbed some of the aura that was circling around Dusk's form in his eyes, and he sensed it now. He was no demon, nor an Angel. Truthfully, he had no idea what he was..

Though he was like him, but he saw deep into The Dusk's Heart and Soul that he had lost someone, he could also see it in his eyes. He had lost someone dear to him like the Angel. "I am a shadow across the world, a blight on any and all who commit sin." 

These words struck Azrael deep down inside, and there he saw The Dusk was worthy to him. The Dusk was just like him, but had not killed a single person, he saw no blood on his hands. 

Quickly, Azrael moved his head over his right shoulder and his red optics stared into the gray ones of The Dusk. A white and yellow light grazed against his body, outlining it. 

"Planet Earth has been deemed worthy to be spared of the destruction that would be put down upon God's earth if we commenced into battle." The light caused his red eyes to shine golden, and his black wings had turned white. "I see we are one in the same, WE put down God's wrath upon the evil.. but I see you have not struck a man down before."

Azrael chuckled and seemed amused at this, the Angel floated up and his left heel floated next to his right knee. 

"I beg of you, when we meet again; we must fight together." Azrael raised his right hand into the air, grinning even more. "A GLORIOUS BATTLE WE WILL GIVE TO THE DEVIL'S MEN!" 

Lighting came behind him in the back ground, and slowly his wings moved above his head. 

"Your power will always be noticeable to me as long as I am on Earth. I will always be watching you to see if you slip up. You have such great power.. and you could easily slip up."

Azrael snapped his fingers, and in a flash of bright light that temporarily blinded The Dusk from the road in front of him, he dispersed leaving black wings coming to the ground and crows flying past Dusk's head, then departing into two groups. Ezekiel was gone.
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:56 pm

The Shadow shielded his gray eyes by whipping his drifting cloak over his face. The bright light coursed around him, like a flash of lightning striking down to the Earth. Yet, no thunder came as this was a trick of the wicked angel's powers. The light was quickly devoured by the darkness once more, leaving nothing but the starry skies of the early morning darkness. His glowing eyes squinted as he gazed about the sky, scanning for the strange creature he'd met moments ago.

However, all he could find was the glistening moon and its pale blue light casting down upon the land.

He was alone.

”What is wrong with this town? I liked it better when it was just low life scum. Now its full of aliens, corrupt angels, what's next? A fifty foot atomic breathing lizard?!” Dusk huffed, striding over to the deep, muddy ditch where he had tossed his bike. Using his super strength, he heaved it up and out of the dirty crevice and back up onto the road. It was muddy and it rocked as it settled, but it didnt seem totaled in any way shape or form.

”I would not be surprised...,” Terry groaned as he let the costume sink back into his pores. His long dirty blonde hair hung around his head as he kicked up the kick stand. The young man gripped the handles and started the Harley. It roared and grumbled as the main headlight beamed out into the darkness.

He took a brief moment to look back up at the sky.

”You'd be so surprised at this new world Amy. Its nuts.”

He smiled and veered off into the distance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]   Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Purgatory [Dusk/Serph/Open]
Page 1 of 1