Heroverse
Heroverse
Heroverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Universe where heroes of all kinds roam

GalleryHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Leadership
Founder

Top posters
TheDusk
Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" I_vote_lcapGood vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" I_voting_barGood vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" I_vote_rcap 
Zenaki
Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" I_vote_lcapGood vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" I_voting_barGood vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" I_vote_rcap 
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
kickedballoon
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
TheDusk
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
kickedballoon

Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Genius.

Genius.

Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" Empty
PostSubject: Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"   Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 3:44 pm

Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" 0519-0908-0820-3533_close_up_of_a_m_zps62427af6

"The crime rate of Detroit WILL be falling soon once we get our policemen fresh out of the academy, there will be change." 

The man spoke behind the microphone, setting his right hand against the glass. The mayor's black hair was streaked with gray, face stained with stress. Of course he would, with all the damage he had to pay off from this new guy, 'Drifter'

"And, Mr.Hardy, sir." Spoke one of the news woman, "What about this new man, Drifter?" 

He cringed at the mention of that horrid name. All of the beady eyes of the wondering citizens of Detroit stared up at him, silent. The mayor fixed his tie, pushing it downward within the confines of his onyx-black suit. 

"We will be taking care of him, as he is now an enemy of Detroit. We will do the best we can to take care of him and make sure he can NEVER harm any of our Detroit citizens again." 

A loud scoff was sent through the area, and already people parted for the hooded man. He stood in between the people of Detroit that simply just stared at him. It was as if he could hear their thoughts, plain and simple. 

Who was he? 

The figure's fingers moved onto the hood on it's head, shooting it backward. The head full of black hair streaked with emerald green strands was his trademark. The devil they spoke of had showed up to their little camp fire gather up. He was tired, very, tired of Detroit calling him a monster, jumping on him for something he could no control. He had no choice. 

"Hey, buddy. I'm going to have to ask you t--" 

Drifter's hand had already shoved itself onto the incoming man's neck, lifting the security guard off his feet. Spit bubbled from his mouth as he scratched like a wild cat in a corner at Drifter's gloved right hand. He tightened his grasp, the muscles of his arm pulsing as he stared towards the man behind the microphone that he spoke complete and utter lies into. 

And he hated liars. 

Now he had shown the people of Detroit his wrath once more, which was a foolish decision. He tossed the security guard through the air, letting him spiral through the air with no equilibrium whatsoever, before crashing through the stand that the Mayor once stood behind. 

His cloak swiftly swiveled through the air. Drifter stood face to face with the Mayor. 

"You listen to me." 

Another grab for a poor victim's throat, pushing the Mayor of Detroit against the wall. 

"I know all of your secrets. And if I must spill them and get physical in order for you to get off of me?" 

Drifter, with no hesitation, turned his form and tossed the suited man into the crowd, letting them part once more and see their little 'leader' on its back, stuck like a turtle. 

"Then that is something i'll do." 

Already, The Mayor, unbeknownst to Drifter, had already contacted the hero of Detroit, The Dusk, by the button that was once underneath the desk. 
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

Male Posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"   Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 6:38 pm

A sudden, stinging chill nipped at the grip of Drifter. The fuming breath he was exhaling towards the corrupt Hardy was whisping out as a iced blue fog. Permafrost cascaded down the wrist of the round man and he whimpered.

“Stop! Stop you monster! What are you doing?!” Hardy yelped, struggling to escape the path of the monster. However, the onyx trench coated figure had not an ounce of fault to do with the impeding freeze. Tiny crystal snowflakes dashed up the mayor's arm, turning his ink black suit sleeve a silver cyan. His bulging eyes went wide as he exhaled a quick gasp of fog from his lungs.

The next moment, the disgusting man had vanished from the sight of Drifter. All that was left in his wake was a calm gust of snowflakes, dancing about in the air in a spiraling swirl. The mayor had jerked for a moment, like he had just been tackled in the shoulder; before fading from existence. Like a calm fade to black, Hardy had been whisked away from reality. The already terrified crowd gasped as shock as it appeared to them that Drifter had eviscerated their mayor right before their very eyes with some sort of ice based super power.

However, Drifter knew what had just happened. Just as it had the night that caused all of the grief currently unfolding. The night he had held the young blond child, Kerry, threatening his life; the very same thing had happened. Frost had crawled up his arm and in a blink of time, suddenly the boy had been whisked from his grasp and ventured to safety. Only one creature was capable of accomplishing such a phantasmal feat.

The Dusk.

Not a moment after the man had vanished from Drifter's grasp, a violent vortex of faded cyan fog burst through the glass window panes. It flooded the room so quickly that not even an ark could help anyone escape. The inhabitants of the room screamed and gasped at the sound of shattering glass and ducked low to the floor. Cries echoed off the walls of the building as the citizens scrambled towards all the nearest exits, still beaming red through the smoke. The tubed lights up above them shatter instantly, further increasing the beating hearts of the people below; forcing them out of the building.

The blue fog parted like the red sea in front the green haired man. A dark shadow stood in the canyon of free air. His spiked, torn, gnarled appearance was very blatant and quite familiar to the onyx coated man. Amongst the broken glass and dropped items of the civilians stood two pointed feet which were unmoving from their spot. His white glowing eyes narrowed, tearing into the heart of Drifter with contempt and malice.

”You want this people off your back? You love and you protect them. Smothering and submerging them only makes you as good as the vile criminals who feed off of them...,” The Dusk spoke loudly and clearly.

His glowing eyes became narrow slits as his brow lowered heavily.

”Or did you not learn that from your murderers? I thought you not a killer. Do not make a liar out of me for granting mercy upon you. It is a privilege, not an expectation. I thought you a servant, not a stain. You are changing my mind. I care not what this man has done to others or to you. By strangling and breaking him, you are no better than the group of three who would jump and rob him. You understand me? You break these people's spirit by showing them that their mayor is nothing but a helpless heap. It makes them, feel helpless. I don't give a damn how outcasted you are. How much they don't like you...,”

His eyes softened a bit, lowering his tone to a softer register.

”You think I don't know what this man does? Of course he's corrupt. Take a look around!” His voice gradually rose, throwing out a clawed hand to show off the world around him, ”This is Detroit. We are down trodden and fallen through the cracks and we are struggling to stay afloat. Is he corrupt? Yes. Until I can prove it otherwise, he stays.”

The Dusk's arm receded back beneath his drifting dark indigo cloak. His voice became a low rumble as he began to speak again.

”That's not why you are here, right? You are here to clear your name. You don't give a damn about these people or the struggle they go through. The only struggle clouding your mind is your own. It has blinded you to the morality of your actions. Scraping and clawing out the throats of the others to maintain your name. Perhaps a better path would be to make your name worth speaking well of. Earn your respect, beating it out of those who are helpless will accomplish nothing. Even to a Drifter like you.”
Back to top Go down
Genius.

Genius.

PostSubject: Re: Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"   Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:10 pm

The cracks in his eyes seemed to be grasping at his pupils. Their inflated forms shrunk as he came to the realization that his prey had left the strong grasp of his right hand, that was, sooner or later, going to bring judgment to the corrupt and the evil. The fingers that were spread out and grasping his victim's neck had moved together, moving inward to turn into a fist. Blood was leaking down his palm from the skin being broken by his pinching finger tips.. the liquid dropping own onto the ground and forming a small puddle. 

His shaggy black hair streaked with emerald lines dropped down in front of his face as his head hung down. His steady breaths turned rapid.. his cold heart beating. This, to him, seemed to be his only chance. Did this Hero of Detroit not understand that the mayor was corrupt, and that jail time would do nothing to him? Murder. Murder would solve it. And that was all that was in his mind which was still scarred from its earlier beating exactly two months ago. 

"Look, daddy! Dusk is here, Dusk is here!" 

Drifter immediately rose his chin up and snatched his head to the side so he could stare at the crowd which was huddled up. The expression of fear painted across their face scared him. . . What was he thinking? His mind raced for a moment, but he turned his attention down to the little boy who spoke that name that he had not heard for seemingly forever. The little boy adorned the small little bed sheet over his shoulders that drooped down, and his face painted with a dark mask that was similar to Dusk's. It was obvious. This little boy admired that hero. 

But they saw him as something else. Something evil. 

"You think you're some hero.." 

Drifter stepped forth up the stairs, and there Dusk and Drifter stood face to face. His green eyes hungry for revenge were glowing.. as bright as the flame that still lived in him. The flame of anger.

"But by your dark attire.. I can already tell this persona of yours was emanated from the flames of revenge.. anger.. or sorrow. All humans.. whether you have higher capabilities than most.. are driven by so."
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"   Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:37 pm

The Dusk scowled at the comment.

I... don't think I am anything,” The Motor City Savior snapped, maintaining his composure while lashing out like a whip with his words. A heavy weight came upon his glowing eyes as they lost their furious edge for just a moment.

”Revenge... anger... sorrow... you say?” Dusk spoke slowly, his words drifting into the air like lost orphans. For a brief second, a shimmer of emerald green graced the eerie blank white glowing eyes of the shadowed hero. His chin seemed weighted. His head lowered between the two spikes sticking up from the top of his deltoids.

Drifter's eyes must have been playing tricks on him. For a flash of a second, he swore he saw some sort of... red mist hovering around the head of the Dusk. Long, flowing strands of red... essence floating about the horned head of the demonic despot. It was at this moment that his head suddenly hiked up to meet the dark haired stranger eye to eye once more.

”I will never forget...”

”Revenge? Anger? Sorrow? The very same aspects you are exhibiting by trying to slaughter someone just to gain favor? What are you attempting here? Killing the mayor won't gratify your revenge for the city not favoring you? You won't feel relieved of the anger you feel when they call you menace. You will not be rid of your sorrow of being despised. You will only be hated more by lashing out and killing others. These are OUR people. Good or Evil, and they won't tolerate someone appearing and murdering their people.” The Dusk spoke proudly yet sympathetically.

”You've already killed my family. And today, you almost killed another member. My patience wears thin Drifter...,” He coldly warned.
Back to top Go down
Genius.

Genius.

PostSubject: Re: Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"   Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:20 am

The two heroes with different view stood face to face. A malevolent emerald blast of energy tore the wood asunder underneath them, along with parts of the floor being ripped. The gust of wind from the new found raging energy sent papers in the area whipping around, riding the winds and blending with the air before landing. Though, the crowd of people were not so lucky. The doors were torn as they were forced through them, and out into the next room of the gigantic tower they resided in. The tornado of green around him was still whipping. The force was pushing against the dark, cloaked torso of Dusk. 

Drifter's eyes were locked onto his new 'opponent'. He had provoked him. And he had also moved him from his mission. Sooner or later he would get his vengeance, but now, he had to take care of a man who foolishly stood in his way. Slowly his left hand lifted from his own dark cloak that he tossed off, letting the cloth hit the ground, spreading across the marble, shining floor and covering the puddle of blood from earlier. His glove was snatched from his right hand, and immediately, Dusk could feel power rising. Much stronger than the tornado of green that was all around his form.

The veins that traveled down his arm was pulsing outward from the strength of his shaking fist. Green energies surged through his form.. cracks appearing in the skin and running around his form and up to his facial features. The knuckles were busted open from the clenching strength as the whole hand had been covered within a shield of raging energies emanated from his sudden anger. The grimace he wore hardened, as the both of his hands flew forward. 

A wall of sudden energy shot from his cracked palms, tearing into the ground that used to be between them. The winds were angered from the speed of the wall, and they were parted, slashing through the vicinity of the new found violence and going each and every way. He added his strength with this, along with his anger, and his weight. Pushing on the wall, making it go against The Dusk. This force was faster than he could seemingly notice, and strong enough to send him flying for minutes.
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"   Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 1:27 am

The Dusk grimaces heavily, burning ridges into his face with fury. The black ink surrounding his eyes become a deep black as his white eyes become narrow slits. The Motor City Savior scooped himself up into a ball to make himself as covered as possible. He tucked his arms and legs up around his vital areas as the wall slammed into him. He grunted as drywall and wooden shattered across his durable frame. The dark avenger groaned as he felt himself soaring through one of the broken glass windows. A group of African American teens shouted frightened obscenities as their hometown hero tore through a parked car. The once proud stature of Dusk skipped off the roof of the camry like a stone across water. The crimson car flipped up into the air, following the form of the demonic despot as he tore into the foreclosed building. Wooden boards exploded and splintered into his suit. The small house wall caved inward from the force of the car soaring through. The Dusk landed in a dusted heap on his belly at the back side of the house.

He had a moment of breath before the camry slammed into him. The left tire dug into his chest, forcing Dusk to gasp in agony. The hometown hero gritted his teeth, gripping the tire with his claws. To much cursing, the sharp tipped fingers tore right into the tread of the tire; popping it like a bubble.

”Urgh, Dammit!” Dusk grunted, taking a vicious hold on the axle of the car. He pushed as hard as he could, lifting the car forward as he extended his arms. However, like a trainer who'd put too much weight on his barbell, it came back down on Dusk's chest with force. The MotorCity Savior cursed himself before fading into Realm of the Dead. For a brief moment, the whole world around him become dark, faded blue. Whisping gray energy bled from every aspect of color in the broken land around him. He rolled quickly to the right and stood back up, fading back into the Land of the Living. Color restored itself to his surroundings as he pushed his torn cape back angrily.

”Shit. He's even more powerful than he was last time. I didn't even see that coming, not even with my hearing.”Terry grits his teeth beneath the mask, ”He's fast... TOO fast. I need to take this slow and careful... Don't let your anger get to you Terry, you'll kill all these people with your recklessness. He just tossed you like a ragdoll. These people aren't nearly as durable as you. Not even close. Maintain control over your emotions, just like you do everyday.”

Dusk exhaled heavily, letting his inner coaching flow through his cold veins. He closed his eyes hard for a moment, breathing in slow.

Suddenly, he heard the glass crack in front of him. His eyes came into full glow as he shot his head upwards.

”Yo, you okay man?” one of the young men was standing in the remains of the front living room of the house. He was crouched low, like avoiding gun fire. The teen had dreads that spread the length of his neck hiding beneath a Reds snapback hat. His pants seemed to sag a bit as he crouched, the torn knee threads drifting in the wind. His black tank was torn on the left side. A small cut just below his collar bone. It was trickling blood very slightly.

The Dusk stood tall,sticking his claw out to move the strap away from the wound. He was shadowed by three of his friends, dressed significantly more like gang members than the boy before him. They were much older than the injured teen. Much of them had facial hair and tattoos. Dusk couldn't help but glare for a moment at the tall one, a tear drop imprinted beneath his eye; before snapping back to the hurt teen.

”Hold still kid.”” Dusk ordered.

”Jess is my na-OW!”Jesse yelped as Dusk's claw removed a shard of glass from his flesh. The MotorCity Savior's brow lowered as he walked on by without a glance back. His torn and ripped cape buffeted in the wind as he strode out of the remains of the house. The Dusk glared heavily at the member of the group with the teardrop tattoo. There was a cold tense moment where neither broke eye contact, neither budged. It was astonishing the Dusk had to look up to the guy, much less the fact that his frightening appearance didn't even slightly deter the thug. His white eyes narrowed before exiting onto the sidewalk.

”Yo Dusk!” Jess shouted out, chasing down the dark hero like a child not wanting his father to leave for work.

”Get the people in this hood out of here then get medical attention Jess.” The Dusk spoke, not turning back to look at the boy at all.

”But-,”

”-And get new friends. You're too smart to get caught up in that.” Dusk hissed, giving a fiery glare to the tall thug behind the fat one. Jess would have continued to protest, but the dark hero whisked himself up into the air with a powerful leap. He extended his cape around his fists and began to fly like a bat back towards Drifter.

He soared like a bullet back into the torn up building. Dusk stuck to the corner between the ceiling and the wall like a spider as he glared with deep contempt at Drifter.

”You try to get under my skin with your talk of people I've lost. But who the hell did you lose kid? Huh? What gives you the damned right to kill when killing is what got you to this wretched place?! You're no better than who killed who was special to you!!” The Dusk shouted with rage at the monster, giving him a subtle last chance.
Back to top Go down
Genius.

Genius.

PostSubject: Re: Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"   Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 1:55 am

Wood splattered and shot through the dust cloud that had just rose from the further broken up wood that now laid on the ground. Drifter grumbled as his hand snatched up his cloak, throwing it over his shoulder as if it was a jacket. "Damn the gods." He muttered underneath his breath as he snatched the object from his pocket. The cigarette was trapped between his lips, being crushed underneath the force of his grimace. The cancer-starting object was started up with a flame at its tip once he snapped his fingers. Green fire shot upward for a moment, releasing smoke. 

The smoke touched the ceiling and moved within the confines of the emergency sprinklers, sending water all over the area that was torn up. The sound of him inhaling the cigarette filled the quiet air inside of the tall building. The green flames sparking at the tip of the cigarette disappeared along with the ash that dropped onto the ground and split. Drifter's right foot crushed a piece of wood in front of him as he leaned forward in a stance that resembled the running man stance. His head turned up towards his opponent, Dusk. His right hand turned into that horrid fist, and his teeth gritted, tightening so hard he thought all of them would break. 

"Stop!" The small voice shot through the air. Little foot step were heard.

"J-jimmy, come back here!" The man reached out as he collapsed on his knee. But even this grown man was too afraid to go even near these two powerful beings who were about to battle and probably tear up most of the city. It seemed he cared for his own life instead of his son's. The little boy ran across the marble floor with his flopping dress shoes that shined as bright as Drifter's eyes. His dusk mask was still on his face.. the black bed sheet hung off his shoulders and draped over the ground, collecting dust. His little right hand transmuted into a fist, and anger also sparked inside of this boy. But he was too weak to carry out his wrath like he wanted to. Especially against The Drifter, who dared to stand against his superhero. 

"Leave him alone, you big meanie!" 

His little voice screeched against The Drifter's ears, making him cringe. The winds shot through the cloak that rested over his shoulder. 

"Leave. Now." Drifter spoke with the deepest tone he could. But the boy still stood there, fake ectoplasma in hand. Drifter, with no hesitation, had already moved his right hand outward. It grasped the boy's shoulder tight.. it pained him to see the boy squirm and hit his muscular forearm that was straightforward with much strength. The tears rolled down his cheek, but the boy's little grimace stayed. He made sure to aim correctly as he tossed the boy, letting him land within the grasp of his father. The poor, poor scared man backed up into the crowd of the rest of the people. 

The Drifter's hand rose slowly, and immediately the ground between Drifter and the crowd of helpless people split open, revealing a green, solid energy, that stretched in height along with width. It spread with quickness, just like light, and it closed and filled up the space where the fairly large wooden doors used to be. Drifter never really did want to hurt them.. but he did what he had to. So here he was, protecting them. Because he knew what he was going to have to do to Dusk. 

"You.."

Drifter stepped forward, the ground underneath him shook compellingly from the sudden building up of momentum.

"Know. . ."

"NOTHING!" Drifter ascended. The force of releasing energies from his feet tore into the ground and pieces of wood dropped to the many floors underneath him. He was spiraling like a speeding bullet towards Dusk, his cloak moving rapidly in the wind on his back. ;
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"   Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:03 am

Dusk scowled at the sight of Drifter's choice to continue fighting him. The Dusk quickly fired a blast of ectoplasmic goo straight at the face of the cloaked figure. The green bullet sped at him without any mercy. The dark hero quickly detached from the ceiling and fell to the broken floor below him. He tucked onto his back, tumbling out of the fall and rolling towards the crowd.

The Dusk shot his head up to see a wall of emerald energy confining the people like barriers at a sports event. It was walling them off, keeping them... safe. The dark hero could only look onward with perplexity at the sight before him. He looked across the faces of all of the people stuck in the confined area. They were all scared, but they were no where near as frightened as when Drifter first entered. The citizens were just happy to be out of the fire fight.

A fire set for no reason it seemed.

Why were they fighting anyhow? He had planned to kill the mayor. However, he turns around and shields the people that Dusk holds so dear. Many of these people were also corrupt, down trodden. Why did Drifter offer his aid to them? Was it to impress them? Or did he actually spare beloved care upon them? The whole ordeal had become incredibly blurred for Dusk. Just as it probably was for Drifter.

The fight was about murder.

The Dusk had already taken the mayor away from the location. He'd reappeared in the Living Realm and let Hardy run for his fat lard of a life. It sickened him to do so. Drifter wasn't wrong in that aspect. Even Dusk knew just how rotten the mayor was. There was no doubt that he was caught up in much of the territorial disputes of the gangs and the structure that “looked the other way”. However, there was no real evidence to it. Despite his medical choices, Hardy was very clever intellectually. He knew how to go about the underbelly without getting his hands dirty. Without evidence, he couldn't do a damn thing to Hardy.

That's where Drifter and Dusk disagreed.

Terry still believed in the system. The system wasn't broken. The people involved in it were. Detroit was a broken town. However, it had not always been that way. There was a time where the very same method of working about the law worked fantastically. The only reason it failed was because vicious, power lustful men like Hardy started to abuse their power. When they did, no one kept them in check. When the leaders meddle with the dirt, they set an example for the commoners to meddle with the dirt. The example set by powerful men like Hardy is to lie, cheat, steal and not give a damn about your fellow man as long as you come out on top. With a great leader, someone who opposed everything Hardy stood for, the system would turn for the better.

Terry couldn't help but smirk beneath his mask thinking about his partner, Wayne Marshall. Marshall didn't know it, but he was the cop who made the Dusk possible. It was his detective work that incriminated Terry's father, Brogan, when he shot and killed Amy. It was Wayne who proposed the deal where Terry would walk free and keep some of his father's funds in order to capture Brogan. Without his mercy and empathy towards Terry all those years ago, he'd be locked up in jail just like the rest of the corrupt and evil that infested the city. He's the kind of man you need in charge.

Like a light being turned on, an idea flashes through Terry's head.

Drifter doesn't seem like he's lived life on both sides of the law.

That's what a lot of these vigilante's these days had no piece of mind to understand. The Dusk was a force to be reckoned with, because Terry was scum once. Terrance and his father were once the best thieves in all of the mid-west. There wasn't a belonging in the entire area that the duo couldn't procure for whoever paid the right price. Sure, Brogan considered his work to be on a higher level than that of the thug who broke into the TV store straight through the glass without care. However, Terry recognized that that was nearly no difference between the two besides finesse, skill, and income.
Brogan and Terry would deactivate the ADT with a remote controller, while the thug would just bust the back door. Brogan and Terry would have to remove the jewelry, document, etc. with precision to avoid detection, where the thug would just have to snatch the TV as long as there were no alarms. The main difference was income. The TV burglar could get a hundred bucks, at most, off of his heist. Brogan was the main infiltrator for the Mafia. This meant, big checks. Not like it mattered really, he blew most of it on liquor. However, Terry for a time was able to live in a two story home and the devilish man he had to call father wasn't as dumb as he appeared. Brogan had actually saved a little bit of each of his job's income, which piled up after a long while.

It was still wrong. Brogan was still never a good father to Terry. Never will be. Nothing about what they did was right. They stole from honest men. They ruined lives of people who wanted nothing more than to build the city straight into the heavens. Just at the whim of a Family member rubbed the wrong way, they turned some of the nicest people into homeless whelps. It wasn't fair. It made Terrance sick sometimes. The only motivator that kept him there was the years of abuse and manipulation by Brogan. He feared him above all else, keeping him tied to the horrible profession for years of his life.

Bang Bang.

The error of his ways became frighteningly true in the flash of just two bullets. Two bullets that echoed through his life each moment he took breath. Two bullets that took his life away. Her life away...

Terry had learned the hard way that if you even aid these men, these same methods; you will become them. He had never agreed to his father's ways, but he participated in them. The result was the murder of his fiance right before his very eyes. The rest of his life shattered simply based on the fact that he participated in the same idealism that his father had done, even if he didn't agree with it.

That's why they were fighting. Drifter believed murder was a tool to solve his problems. When really, that lowered him to the level of the same men he was trying to usurp. His tragedy corrupted him, making him ignorant to the fact that he was creating more and more tragedy each time he took a life. These men, no matter how rotten, have loved ones. They wouldn't exist without a mother and father. What if they had sisters? Brothers? Friends? Significant others? Taking a life doesn't just destroy him, it destroys every loved one attached to them. Terry met a sweeper by the name of Dave once in his youth. He killed every day, and cleaned all evidence. All of his profits went to his small home where he nursed his mother in the last years of her life. Everything he did, despite how evil it was; was for his beloved mother. Why was it within our judgment to kill and take which we never created? If Drifter had known about Dave, he would have killed him on the spot and let his mother rot by herself. She would spend her dying days alone and unsupported. A horrible... horrible death.

That's what Drifter didn't understand. The infinite spiderweb of life.

The Dusk rose and turned slowly to his opponent.

”I will not fight you. I want you here. With me, Drifter. No killing, that's all I ask. Please, you don't see these people everyday. You don't see them suffer. You don't see them love and care for others. I can't ask you to understand, it's almost impossible to do so without living amongst them. But please, if you have empathy beneath your rage, let this go. I know you can do good for this city. Just like I have.” Dusk spoke confidently.

His white eyes turned and met Jimmy, the young boy trying to mirror his image. The Dusk gave the inspired youth a simple, knowing nod. The child's grin faded to warm smile, nodding back to his inspiration. Jimmy slowly removed his strapped on mask, dropping it to the floor. He slowly removed the black bed sheet from his back and wrapped it about his arms like a cloak. The boy let a affirming smile spread into his dimples, black paint still across his eyelids. Both Dusk and the boy looked to the lonely drifter.

”You're right... I do know nothing about you Drifter. But I'd like to...,” Dusk paused for a moment, allowing Jimmy's beaming green eyes to stare right into Drifter's emeralds,”... And I think Detroit would too. If you just give us a chance, we aren't pigs."

"We are all heroes.”
Back to top Go down
Genius.

Genius.

PostSubject: Re: Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"   Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:51 am

The winds were cut apart by his now free flowing form.. a blast of ectoplasma drifted right past him. His emerald eyes turned to the side as he landed on his feet. His dark cloak spread across the ground.. blood still dripping from his right hand from earlier. 

Why? 

Why wouldn't Dusk just let him give the Mayor what he deserved? Oh.. no. Maybe because he was some goody-two shoes. The all time hero of Detroit! And here and everywhere Drifter was.. nothing. He was emanated from the Gods to be a hero. A hero that was supposed to protect humanity. But he failed, and of course he was exiled. He was seen as a mistake and a failed creation that was given too much power. Were they afraid of him? Afraid that.. something so much like a human had enough power to throw them off their high horses and take their thrones? It seemed like so. And Drifter didn't like that at all. He scoffed at how so called 'Gods' could act so much like 'humans' when they despised that race. 

But humans always were better. Better than any alien. Better than any god. Better than any angel. 

That divine spark put into them.. of joy. Giving life to other people and sharing the divine spark put into them by a seemingly.. unknown.. force. They could spread sadness and sorrow just as quick, and when the river of life came rushing in, and knocked them down? They get right back up. No super strength. No super speed. No super hearing and no super vision. They weren't super. But they could damn sure be heroes. But something was wrong in Drifter -- as if he himself in the sea of programs that could be identified as 'humans' was a simple virus. Was he supposed to be here.. was he doing wrong? 

The smile that shot off the boy's face had been seen by The Drifter. .  his emerald eyes had been matched by a lighter green. And he remembered back then, before the death of Elizabeth at his own hands, that his eyes used to be as light as his. Always touched with that ethereal color that would always make people wonder. Only he himself and his old partners back in the Vietnam War remembered how he used to be. He wasn't driven by revenge. His powers were controlled. And he would never even think about killing. Not once. . . Not once. 

He didn't know where Elizabeth rested.. but he knew that she was watching over him. The old Drifter she knew would have already stopped when he knew he was doing wrong.. but he had not. The chains that kept him to the earth and the chains that kept him hooked to his sanity and happiness were gone. Torn asunder, ripped apart, by his own swift hand. He wished he could hear her now.. he wished she was there with him, to babysit him, to tell him that this was wrong and this was right. That he shouldn't worry about what Chicago thought about him. 

He had almost forgotten though. 

He used to be a hero within the confines of Chicago. Taking down all of those gangsters back then. It made him chuckle. Today their pants sagged and they turned their guns side ways. But that wasn't the way to aim. Back then the little skinny 'crime bosses' dressed within the baggy black suits with the fedora always wanted power.. and none of them ever had a different weapon. A tommy gun, that was always fun to dodge. Drifter smiled at the memories.. but it was barely seen by Dusk. After Dusk finished his talking that had already moved him into a break through, his hand dug into his tattered suit's left pocket that was under his cloak.. removing a small compass. 

He opened it, and the sweet music immediately flowed through the area.. 

Back then when he had served the U.S Army, he, still somewhat new to the Earth, did not know much about humans. And failed to realize that not all humans were the same like the race that he was meant to protect at his home place. The army taught him to kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. With a knife, gun, or your hands.. anything you could use, obviously. They taught him that all of the other countries were the terrorist and that they were the good guys. Fighting for the freedom of America, when it was really about the oil, and the money, and taking care of men who did not go with the plans of the President who reigned as a 'tyrant' at the time. But now he knew. That all human had their divine spark. Not all of them were the same. Elizabeth.. she taught him love. He was what she lived for, and vice versa. 

And when she died, his heart had turned ice cold, and his eyes grew burned out everyday. Bags always under his eyes from stress. .. He had even gotten in the smoking habit, something that he never understood when he first arrived on the planet Earth. The planet which could be both horrible and good. This, surprisingly, was something he just learned. He never knew that another 'hero' would thaw his heart out.. he thought the only person who could do that was dead. The ring that was attached to the compass in a string dangled, light reflecting off of its form. 

Drifter's emerald eyes looked upward towards Dusk.. before the green light surged around him. The malevolent power it gave out earlier faded. He grasped the gift from his lover tight, and the ground underneath Drifter faded from being broken. He released himself, flowing through the ceiling and leaving behind a trail of emerald. The wall that once blocked the citizens dissipated..

And this was the last time Dusk would see Drifter in a while.
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

PostSubject: Re: Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"   Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Dusk looked onward at the young man as he pulled out the tiny instrument. The sweet little melody bounced off the walls of the broken and battered city hall. An overcast had faded over the sun making the world around them gray and lifeless. Dusk's narrow eyes softened as he stared at the Drifter, who paid him no attention, intently focused on his whistling item. The beaming emeralds had dimmed, falling beneath half lidded eyes that stared... lovingly at the compass in his palm. 

Terry's expression folded. The humming music called out to the inhabitants of the world. The Drifter was viewed as a tyrant, killing and spilling blood as he pleased. However, in the moments of the melody, the crowd was awestruck and ultimately perplexed by the soft display. Terry could only stare mournfully at the compass. He knew that look. The same look Terry gave Amy's tombstone each time he would visit. A somber tone, trying to find joy in the memories of the past, but ultimately always remembering that new memories could never be created again. It was a satisfaction in the idea of life and love, but a despair in its sudden passing. 

It hurt Terry to watch Drifter. It was like looking into a water's reflection. Did he really hurt that much? It was all so blind to him most of the time. The nights he spent out as the Dusk served as a violent venting of this despair and agony. Despite that, Terry could never shake the interminable weight that sat hooked to the bottom of his heart. It tried to pull it down into his gut, stretching it like a torture rack. The feeling was always so... constant. Always gnawing and tearing at him, pulling him so thin he thought he would snap sometimes. Terry couldn't let such feelings get in the way of his duty to his family. He had to keep them safe and sound at all costs. That rose above any sort of emotional turmoil he was enduring. 

Perhaps that was what was wrong.

Perhaps Drifter didn't endure. Drifter... fell to his turmoil. It was a great irony to see him hunt down the corrupt mayor when he himself, in his own way, had been corrupted. Terry took Amy's death and used it as a vehicle to be a force of justice. He was an everlasting, strong hero. Something his fallen fiance would be proud of. She would only love him more for putting himself on the line so selflessly for the people he loved. Sometimes, it was the only thing that drove Terry to keep walking every day. It was her constant presence, always watching over him. She could see him, from her Sanctuary, like a guardian angel. He lived for her, even when she had passed on.

What did Drifter live for? Terry didn't think that the outsider knew anymore. He was lost, fallen away from his ideals, morals, and what really mattered deep within his heart. Furthermore, Drifter had lost himself. He had no identity. Terry didn't know what to even call him besides a simple drifter. He had no other name, never introduced himself as anything. It was ironic that he was accusing Terry of such loss, when really; Drifter had become loss incarnate. 

There was a silent nod before Drifter faded away.

The green energy faded from the crowds as they cheered and stammered about. Jimmy bounced up to Dusk as he stood still in the middle of the broken city hall. Wood chunks and shards were strewn about. Pieces of dry wall and brick lay everywhere. Glass flooded the floor like a broken dam. There was a small tug at Dusk's cape that finally caught his attention. His head turned down to the the small boy, whom only came up to his knee.

"Dusk?" he stammered,"Where'd the bad man go?"

Dusk sighed.

"To find himself... to find himself," he spoke with heavy weight in his voice. Without another word, Dusk strode slowly out of the destroyed city hall before he would extend his capes and leap high into the air. He made the cape into their winged form by grabbing it within his fists then soared away.

=========

Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" DSC_9914

Terry stared for a long while, for what seemed like years, at the statue. 

Here he was again, in Elmwood Cemetery, standing alone in the bustling leaves. His long hair drifted slightly in the wind. A slight chill made him huddle further into his black aviation coat. A couple brown leaves dashed across his feet as he never broke his gaze on the angelic statue sitting upon the grave. His face was stoic, completely devoid of emotion. 

Terry's black "X" gloves reached out towards the smooth stone of the statue's face. The fingerless holes allowed him to feel the cold of the surface beneath his fingertips. His index and middle finger trailed from the high cheekbone downwards. His ring finger joined as he cupped the chin. His gray eyes caught a glimpse of his engagement ring sticking out from beneath the glove. A deep frown was engraved on his face. 

The young man feel to his knees, leveling himself with the gravestone beneath the statue. He used the three same fingers the carefully graze across the name. Part of the name had a slice carved through it, due to a blind time where Terry didn't retract his Dusk suit doing the very same thing. His eyelids fell like night. He could read each name just by feeling it with his fingers.

The A, the M, the Y,.. the E, the L,the I, the Z, the A, the B, the E, the T, the H... Even with the scratch, he could still feel the... B, the R, the O, the C, the K....

His fingers retracted and formed into a clenched fist. Terry's teeth sunk into his inner bottom lip. His closed eyelids clenched hard. Dirty blonde hair hung over his face as he bit hard into his lip, causing it to slightly trickle blood. He used his dry tongue to scoop it out of the way as his misty eyes slowly came back into view of the evening sun.  The dusk has shining through the dying trees of the cemetery. The wind grew heavy, bouncing over the rolling hills; knocking leaves off their parent trees. Terry's hair buffeted against his face in the passing gust.  Leaves crunched and crackles as they bounced across the hill. 

Terry sighed heavily, leveling a soft gaze with the angelic statue above him. He cupped his hands in his lap, staring up pass the statue into the sky. The wind continued to whip at him as he got lost in the overcast sky. 

It would storm that night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"   Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3" Empty

Back to top Go down

Good vs Good "Hero Adrift pt3"
Page 1 of 1