Heroverse
Heroverse
Heroverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Universe where heroes of all kinds roam

GalleryHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Leadership
Founder

Top posters
TheDusk
Recon I_vote_lcapRecon I_voting_barRecon I_vote_rcap 
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
kickedballoon
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
TheDusk
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
kickedballoon

Recon

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Recon Empty
PostSubject: Recon   Recon EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Rushes of air zoom by the hair of the male, far above the sod of our nation's capital. Over his eye is a scope of a kind, and his mouth was covered at this point by a pilot's communication device. These were wired with the spear the hero bore to his back, while in flight. This was coupled with an odd absence of anything that would signal the ability of flight. He spoke, but his words could not be made out in the altitude. Although, he was visibly going at a rate matching a recon drone, at an altitude surpassing the Empire State Building.

He scanned, over and over. Looking for a sign of not just life, but a fallen warrior. The land was in ruins, and only a small fraction had people dwelling around. They were repairing the central quarter, but had ignored the outskirts for now. The city burned and smoked all our, but a single beacon of hope still stood. Far beyond, no matter where in the city one stood, the Washington Monument stood proud. It was stained by the blackness of war, and seemed unsteady. Within the chaos though, the ring of flags around the tower were the symbol of hope to all. People were gathered around, praying and preaching. The Vice President was there, in spirit of the fallen President. What had happened came so fast, no one saw it coming. The citizens just wondered, why hadn't more people helped them? Where were the heroes the world needed?

It could not be told if the man in the sky was reacting to the sight, but he had a mission. He zoomed in and out on massive pieces of rubble for hours on end. He could not stop. A hero had to have survived the slaughter. A few came to help, but no one had heard from any of them. At last though, he could not resume. A message came in for him. He was to land and allow the men and women to rest. With such, he obeyed his "master's" word. An echoing "thud" shock-waved through the city, as the wind dispersed with landing. He took a stand in the debris of Jefferson's Monument, which only Thomas's statue itself was left. Ironically, the left arm was gone. The scout made a sound, but it could not be told in what nature. A whimper, a cry, a plea? It seemed as if he didn't know how to express his sorrow.
Back to top Go down
Zenaki
ಠ_ಠ Watcher
Zenaki

Male Posts : 128

Recon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recon   Recon EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:38 am

Carter was flying his circuit over the capital, just as he had since the day he returned to life from stopping the nuclear war that almost happened on this city. His eyes glowing green, leaving a trail of green energy behind him as he flew, his ring hand pointed straight outward as if he were a living arrow.

He always flew around the city, watching the people, the city itself may have been a wreck but the people weren't. They were strong, they wore smiles to show that no terror would stop them, he even managed to remember a few faces, the faces of the ones who hand died like he had but had came back to life. His friend, Dusk, had managed to bring everyone killed by Meltdown back to life but this cost Dusk his own life. Carter himself had come back to life due to multiple variables, three of them being death, life, and willpower, but the fourth one was the Dusk that Entity had pulled from the past to use to bring Carter back to life.

He blinked allowing a single tear to fall over his friend, but he quickly refocused and saw a plane landing, making him go into alert. He flew down after it and landed on the cock pit while the pilot got out and walked toward the Jefferson Monument. "Can I help you sir? Any reason why you're just landing a plane where you feel?" He asked, his voice slightly on edge remembering the not to distant past. The green on his suit glowing slightly while his ring hand stayed closed in a fist, ready to fight if need be.
Back to top Go down
https://heroverse.rpg-board.net

Recon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heroverse :: The General Board :: Archives :: Archived Stories-
Jump to: