Heroverse
Heroverse
Heroverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Universe where heroes of all kinds roam

GalleryHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Leadership
Founder

Top posters
TheDusk
[NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales I_vote_lcap[NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales I_voting_bar[NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales I_vote_rcap 
Zenaki
[NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales I_vote_lcap[NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales I_voting_bar[NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales I_vote_rcap 
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
kickedballoon
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
TheDusk
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
kickedballoon

[NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zenaki
ಠ_ಠ Watcher
Zenaki

Male Posts : 128

[NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales Empty
PostSubject: [NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales   [NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:22 am

I you're familiar with tiers then this should be old news to you, Dusk came up with this idea and he will be adding onto it but I'm going to go ahead and post the main idea.

Your hero/villain receives two numbers, from 1 to 10, the first number being their power and the second being their experience. Example:

Batman would be a 7-1

His power doesn't stack up much against Superman but his experience gives him a good back up.

1 is the best score reachable and just because you get one low number in power doesn't mean you're weak, you can make up for your lack of power with what you have in experience. Also for those low in power and experience we will be building a money system so you can pay to upgrade your character.
Back to top Go down
https://heroverse.rpg-board.net
TheDusk

TheDusk

Male Posts : 189

[NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales Empty
PostSubject: Re: [NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales   [NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Hello! Your Friendly Neighborhood DUSK is back for some more site refurbishing!

This is our newest and latest edition to the HeroVerse is the

Duh…Duh… DA DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

TIER SYSTEM!

Don’t be afraid fellow members! I know what you’re thinking… We are ranking everyone by power and there is no chance of anyone with a lower rank to beat a higher rank system…

WRONGO!

We have set up a system based on POWER and EXPERIENCE.

Power is usually going to be your highest tier because it is judged the moment your character is approved. This is based on your powers, gadgets, etc. For example, Spider-Man would be at a lower tier level than Thor because powers-wise, Thor has stronger powers. Example: Thor would be a 1 or 2 and Spider-Man would be a 2-3.

However, to prevent characters from being the BEST simply because of the strength of their powers, we have set up a second tier which is the Experience system!

Experience is going to be based initially on your background, personality, and role play sample. Experience is how well your character is adapted to being a hero and his/her skill. Experience can be raised or lowered as posts are made. If you think a member on HeroVerse is displaying great skill/experience, “honor” him by pressing the plus button at the upper right hand corner of every post made. Your “Honor” will be viewed by Leadership monthly along with amount of posts, quality of posts, etc. in order to determine your character’s experience.

Your experience WILL be hard to change, but if the people and Leadership see that you’ve improved, you will be promoted.

The REASON for the tier system is just as a forewarning to players while joining a thread. We don’t want any character feeling useless by playing next to a character that is immensely more powerful than the other. It is more of a DISCLAIMER as to what power and level of experience you will be dealing with inside of a post.

Not only do the Power and Experience balance character rating, better writing and cunning in a post could make even a 10-10 take out a 1-1 if done correctly!

You don’t see Spider-Man taking on Deadpool very often because the writers at Marvel KNOW that Deadpool would kill Spidey if the two got into a fight. Instead, you see Spider-Man taking on more simple foes like Vulture and Chameleon. Marvel/DC act in their own sort of “tier” system. So in order to make our site closest to the heroes as possible, we have made

Our Very Own Tier System!

*We will be opening a discussion committee on the new system ASAP so you members can speak your opinion*

Back to top Go down

[NEW-MUST READ] Power Scales
Page 1 of 1